By linking an Aadhaar card to a mobile number, the user can easily perform Aadhaar-based tasks. Furthermore, linking an Aadhaar with a mobile number allows a user to receive Aadhaar-related information directly on their registered mobile number, as well as OTPs to submit.
In this blog, we will show you how to link Aadhar with a mobile number online and offline in a few simple steps.
There are two ways to link Aadhaar with a mobile number online: the telecom provider’s website and the Indian Postal Service website.
On Telecom Provider’s Website:
- Visit the official telecom provider’s website
- Enter the Aadhaar mobile number to be linked, verified, or re-verified
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile phone number
- Enter your OTP and click “Submit” to continue
- Next, the linked 12-digit Aadhaar number had to be entered
- The telecom operator would then send a message for OTP generation.
- Now, you will be required to submit your KYC details, OTP and accept all the terms & conditions
- A confirmation message regarding Aadhaar and phone number re-verification will be sent after the completion of the process
On Indian Postal Service Website
- Visit the Indian Postal Service’s website
- Enter basic information such as your name, address, phone number, and email address
- Select ‘PPB- Aadhaar Service’ from the drop-down menu for the Service
- Choose UIDAI-Mobile/Email to Aadhaar Linking/Updating
- After you’ve filled out all of the required fields and made your selections, click the ‘Request OTP’ button
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile phone on the next screen
- Click on “Confirm Service Request.” You will be given a Reference Number that will allow you to track the progress of your application
- Following successful submission, the request will be forwarded to a post office near you
- The verification process will be carried out by an officer in charge of the Aadhar update/linking job. The officer will come to your house and use a mobile biometric device to verify your identity (For iris, fingerprints and photographs)
- He or she will finish the update/linking process and bill you for the service
How to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number Offline?
Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number by SMS using OTP
To re-verify your mobile number with Aadhaar by physically visiting a store and sharing the OTP, follow the steps outlined below. It’s important to note that these steps are only applicable to individuals who already have a registered mobile number.
- Go to the nearest store of your telecom operator.
- Provide a self-attested copy of your Aadhar card.
- Submit your mobile number and Aadhaar card details accurately to the store executive.
- Use the re-verification application to generate a 4-digit OTP, which will be sent to your mobile number.
- Submit the OTP to the store executive and provide biometrics.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS after 24 hours. Reply “Y” to complete the e-KYC process.
Link Mobile Number with Aadhar Card Using IVR
The Indian government has introduced an interactive voice response (IVR) service to enable telecom subscribers to link their Aadhaar to their SIM using a single number for both the pre-paid and postpaid users.
- Dial the toll-free number 14546 from your mobile phone.
- Select the appropriate option to verify whether you are a resident of India or an NRI.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number when prompted.
- Press 1 to confirm the Aadhaar number you entered.
- Enter the mobile number that is registered with your Aadhaar to receive an OTP.
- Agree to allow the telecom operator to access your DOB, name, and photo from the UIDAI database.
- Enter the OTP that you received on your mobile.
- Press 1 to complete the process of re-verification.
You can link your Aadhaar card to your mobile number by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment/Update centre. Follow the steps below to register/update your mobile number on your Aadhaar card:
- Find the nearest Aadhaar enrolment/update centre by visiting the official website of UIDAI
- If you are new to the UIDAI ecosystem, enter your mobile number in the Aadhaar Enrolment Form to register your mobile number with your Aadhaar card. Alternatively, if you have changed your existing mobile number or did not register it previously, you can fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Submit the form, provide your biometrics for authentication, and pay
- The executive will provide you with an acknowledgement slip
- The slip includes an Update Request Number (URN) that can be used to track the progress of your Aadhaar or Aadhaar update
- You can also check the status of your Aadhaar by dialling the UIDAI toll-free number 1947
- You are not required to obtain another Aadhaar card after updating the mobile number in Aadhaar
- Once your mobile number has been linked to your Aadhaar account, you will begin receiving Aadhaar OTPs for a variety of services
Steps to Link Aadhaar with SIM for New Users in India
Following are the steps to link Aadhaar with SIM for new users in India:
- Go to the mobile operator’s store.
- Request a new SIM card.
- Present a copy of your Aadhar as proof of identity and address.
- Use the Biometric Scanner to scan your fingerprint and authenticate your Aadhar.
- Wait for the verification process to complete, and the new SIM card will be provided.
- The SIM card will be activated in about an hour.
The only document required to link your Aadhaar card to a mobile connection is a self-attested copy of your Aadhar card.
You are not required to pay any fees to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number during Aadhaar enrolment. However, if you want to link/change/update your Aadhaar-registered mobile number, you will have to pay Rs. 50 (inclusive of GST). It should be noted that if multiple fields are updated in the same instance, no additional fee is required.
Benefits of Adding Aadhaar with Mobile Number
Following are a few of the benefits of adding Aadhaar with a mobile number:
- You must link your Aadhaar card to your mobile number in order to use various Aadhaar-related services.
- Your mobile number must be linked to your Aadhaar card in order to use the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updates.
- You must also link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card in order to use all Aadhaar-related online services.
- OTPs are sent to your registered mobile number and must be entered in order to use various Aadhaar services. These OTPs add an extra layer of security to your Aadhaar.
- You will not be able to use these services if your phone number is not linked to Aadhaar.
- The mAadhaar app allows you to carry your Aadhaar card on your phone and use it to access various Aadhaar services.
- You must enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number in order to download your Aadhaar card online, also known as e-Aadhaar.
Why should I register my mobile number with Aadhaar Card?
By registering a mobile number with your Aadhaar card, you can enhance the security of Aadhaar-based services. This way, every time you use any such services, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Failure to add your mobile number to your Aadhaar card will prevent you from accessing numerous Aadhaar-enabled services.
Link Aadhaar with Other Documents
Below are the documents that can be linked to Aadhaar:
|Link Aadhaar with PAN Card||Link Aadhaar Card with EPF Account|
|Link Aadhaar with Bank Account||Link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card|
|Link Aadhaar with Ration Card||Link Aadhaar with PM Kisan Samman Nidhi|
|Link Aadhaar with Voter ID Card|