The ration card is the oldest form of proof of residence in India, and linking it with Aadhar will allow you to receive a variety of benefits in addition to preventing fraud. An Aadhaar card can be linked to a Ration card both online and offline.
Below is a simple step-by-step guide on how to link your Aadhaar card to your ration card, as well as the documents needed to do so.
To link your ration card to your Aadhar card, simply follow these simple steps:
- Bring all the documents to the nearest Public Distribution System (PDS) or Ration shop
- Submit all the necessary documents to the PDS/Ration shop
- To verify your Aadhaar card, the PDS/Ration shop representative may request fingerprint authentication.
- You will be notified via SMS once the documents have been submitted and the process has begun
- You will receive another SMS informing you that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked with your Ration card
*Make sure to have all the necessary documents with you, including a photocopy of the Aadhaar card of the family head and each member of the family, copies of the original ration card for the verification process, a passport-sized photo of the family head, and a copy of the bank passbook if the Aadhaar card is not linked to a bank account.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card Online?
- Navigate to your state’s Official Public Distribution System (PDS) portal.
- Select the option to link Aadhaar with active cards.
- Enter your Ration card number first, followed by your Aadhaar card number.
- Enter your registered mobile phone number.
- Choose the Continue/Submit option.
- An OTP will now be sent to your mobile phone.
- Enter the OTP on the Aadhaar Ration Link page, and your request will be sent.
- You will receive an SMS notification once the process is completed.
Read More: How to link Aadhaar Number with Bank Account
What are the Benefits of Linking Aadhaar with Ration Card?
The following is a list of advantages of linking your Aadhaar card to your ration card:
- Eliminate fake ration card holders who are reaping the benefits intended for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, ensuring that the benefits are distributed to the deserving.
- Linking these cards will also reduce the number of fraudulent cases.
- Multiple duplicate Ration cards are removed from a single family
- Since the Aadhaar card creates a trace in the PDS, linking both of these cards will get rid of dishonest middlemen.
- Genuine beneficiaries will be identified with the help of fingerprint authentication.
What are the Documents Required to Link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card?
It is always recommended to make a list of required documents and keep them handy. In this case, we’ve made things simple for you by compiling a list of documents required to link an Aadhaar card to a Ration card both online and offline.
- Aadhaar photocopies of all family members
- Aadhaar photocopy of the family’s head
- Ration card photocopy with original card (for verification) Bank Passbook copy, if the bank account is not linked to Aadhaar card
- A passport-sized photograph of the family’s head is required.
Read More: How to Link Aadhaar Card with EPF Account