Upgrade Your Paytm Wallet Now!
Upgrading your Paytm wallet is a simple process. All you have to do is to submit a KYC (Know Your Customer) request within your Paytm account and your wallet will be upgraded in a few days time.
Here’s what you need know:
1. How can I upgrade my Paytm Wallet?
You can simply press the “upgrade” button in your profile section of your Paytm Wallet. Once we’ve received your request, so our representative will call you and fix up an appointment at your convenience to complete the process.
2. What is the process of upgrading the wallet?
As per RBI guidelines, we’ve to verify that the Paytm Wallet belongs to you! That’s why to upgrade your Paytm Wallet, you need to get your KYC done. For this, we need your identity proof and address proof. Once you’ve applied for the wallet upgrade, our representative will call you to fix up an appointment where he can verify and collect the documents to complete the process.
3. What are the charges of upgrading my wallet?
The great part, this is absolutely free of cost to all our Paytm Wallet users.
4. How much time will it take to upgrade my Paytm Wallet after applying for upgrade?
Your account will be upgraded within 2 working days once we receive your completed documents.
5. Is there any place where I can go and get my KYC done?
So sorry, but currently the only way by which you can get your KYC done is through the visit of our representative to verify your original documents.
6. I have got the call from the Paytm representative. Which documents do I need to provide to the person?
Our representative will give you a blank KYC form. You need to fill this form, attach a passport size photograph and provide self-attested copies of the following:
|Proof of Identity (any one):||Proof of Address (any one):|
|1. Passport||1. Passport/ Driving Licence/ Voter ID card/ Aadhaar Card|
|2. Driving License||2. Telephone Bill/ Electricity Bill (last 3 months)|
|3. Voter Card||3. Ration Card|
|4. PAN card||4. Bank Statement (last 6 months)|
|5. Aadhar Card||5. Letter from public authority stating the address|
|6. NREGA Card||6. Registered Rent Agreement|
You’ve more questions? Here we go:
1. How can I know whether my Paytm Wallet has been upgraded or not?
Once your Paytm Wallet is upgraded, you’ll receive a welcome SMS from Paytm confirming you that it’s done
2. The mobile number I have mentioned in the form is different from the mobile number in my Paytm Wallet.
Can my wallet be upgraded now?
The mobile number in your form has to be your registered mobile number of your Paytm Wallet account. In case both numbers do not match, team Paytm will call you to explain the steps you need to take to upgrade your wallet.
3. Who’s eligible for a Paytm Wallet?
Indian Citizens who are using the Paytm wallet for personal use are eligible for an upgrade. If you’re a merchant or want to use our Paytm Wallet for commercial use, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit
4. What are the other benefits of an upgraded Paytm Wallet?
Exclusive offers, faster Paytm Cash in your Paytm Wallet and so much more!