There are many advantages of linking your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account to your Aadhaar number, particularly if you intend to withdraw money from your EPF account. A retirement plan known as a PF scheme, or provident fund, is one in which both the employee and the employer make contributions to a corpus fund from which the employee will get a pension upon retirement. A Universal Account Number (UAN) identifies the EPF account (UAN). The PF needs to be seeded with an Aadhaar card before it can be linked to the UAN.
To continue receiving benefits and accessing EPF, employees must link their UAN with Aadhaar, as mandated by the EPFO. All Indian employees can now access and manage their PF accounts online. They can use the UMANG app, the EPFO website, or their nearby EPFO office to link their Aadhaar to their EPF account.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) offers an online service through its website, the Unified Portal of Employees’ Provident Fund, to link Aadhaar with the PF.
- Visit the official website of Employees’ Provident Fund’s Unified Portal
- Under the ‘For Employees’ tab, click the ‘UAN Member e-Sewa’ link
- Sign in using your UAN ID and password
- Select the ‘KYC’ option under the ‘Manage’ tab
- You’ll be directed to tabs for adding different documents to link with your EPF account
- Click on the ‘Aadhaar’ option from the drop-down menu
- Enter your name and Aadhaar card number carefully before clicking on the ‘Save’ button
- Following this, your Aadhaar number will be validated against the UIDAI database
- The EPF account is linked to the Aadhaar card after the employer and UIDAI successfully approve the KYC document
- You can check the status by looking for the term, ‘Verified’ next to your card number
The following are the steps to linking your EPF account using the UMANG app-
- Log in to the UMANG App with your MPIN or the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- After logging in, navigate to the ‘All Services Tab’ and select ‘EPFO’
- In the EPFO section, select ‘e-KYC services’
- Select the Aadhaar Seeding option under ‘e-KYC services’
- Now, enter your UAN and press the ‘Get OTP’ button
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number with your EPF Account
- Enter your Aadhaar details
- An OTP will again be sent to your registered mobile number and email address
- Once the OTP is verified successfully, your Aadhaar and UAN will be linked
You must be physically present at any of the EPFO’s branches or Common Service Centre if you wish to link your Aadhaar with your EPF account offline. Your application must be submitted in person, along with a photocopy of your Aadhaar card that has been self-attested. It is simple to do so by following these simple steps-
- Fill out the ‘Aadhaar Seeding Application Form’ at any EPFO branch
- Carefully enter the requested Aadhaar card number and UAN information
- Self-attested copies of your UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar card should be included with your application form
- Your Aadhaar card will be linked to your EPF account after verification
- A notification will be sent to your registered mobile number
Linking your Aadhaar card with your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account in India offers several advantages:
- Streamlined KYC Process: Aadhaar serves as a unique identification document that contains biometric and demographic details of an individual. Linking Aadhaar with EPF simplifies the Know Your Customer (KYC) process as it eliminates the need for separate identity and address proofs.
- Easy and Quick Withdrawals: With Aadhaar-linked EPF accounts, you can enjoy hassle-free and expedited withdrawal processes. EPF withdrawals can be made online by verifying your Aadhaar details, making the entire process more efficient and convenient.
- Enhanced Security: Linking Aadhaar with EPF strengthens the security of your account. Aadhaar authentication adds an extra layer of verification, reducing the risk of fraudulent activities and unauthorized access to your EPF funds.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT): The integration of Aadhaar with EPF enables direct benefit transfers, which means that the funds can be directly credited to your EPF account without any intermediaries. This ensures timely and accurate disbursal of benefits, such as EPF withdrawals, pension payments, or government subsidies.
- Online Services and Self-Service Portals: Linking Aadhaar to EPF allows you to access various online services and self-service portals provided by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). You can conveniently check your EPF balance, download passbooks, update personal details, and avail of other EPF-related services through these platforms.
- Reduced Paperwork: By linking Aadhaar with EPF, the need for physical paperwork and documentation is minimized. This saves time and effort that would otherwise be required for submitting and verifying multiple documents.
- Prevents Duplicate Accounts: Aadhaar linkage helps in identifying and eliminating duplicate EPF accounts. It ensures that your EPF contributions are accurately linked to your unique Aadhaar number, reducing the chances of multiple accounts and complications in managing your funds.
Wrapping it Up:
Linking your Aadhaar card with your EPF account can bring numerous benefits and simplify your interactions with the EPFO. The process is relatively straightforward and can be completed through various methods, including online and offline channels. By linking Aadhaar with your EPF account, you streamline the KYC process, enjoy quick and convenient withdrawals, enhance the security of your account, and gain access to online services and self-service portals provided by the EPFO. Additionally, it facilitates direct benefit transfers and reduces paperwork, while also helping to prevent duplicate accounts. To link your Aadhaar with your EPF account, follow the guidelines provided by the EPFO and ensure that you stay updated with any changes or new requirements. By taking this step, you can make the most of your EPF benefits and experience a smoother and more efficient interaction with the EPFO.
Read More: How to Claim EPF Online?