You can use the bank’s mobile app or internet banking to link your Aadhaar Card to your bank account online. However, in order to use the service, the user must be registered with the bank. This article will go over how to easily link your Aadhaar number to your bank account using various methods such as internet banking, mobile apps, phone banking, and so on. While the process may differ slightly depending on your bank, this general step-by-step guide will be useful in most cases.
The Complete Procedure to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account
You can use one of the several given models to link an Aadhaar card to a bank account. In the following sections, we will go over each model in detail.
Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account using Internet Banking
Following a few simple steps, you can now link your Aadhaar card to your bank account online.
- Log in to your bank’s net banking service by entering your customer ID and password.
- You will be redirected to a “My Account” section, where you must select the “Update Aadhaar with Bank Accounts (CIF)” sub-section.
- You must now enter your profile password to complete the Aadhaar registration process.
- Following that, you will be directed to a page where you must enter your Aadhaar number twice.
- Finally, you can enter all of your personal information, and a message indicating that your Aadhaar has been successfully activated will appear on the screen.
Link Aadhaar Number with Bank Account Using SMS Service
- You must write your message in the following format: Aadhaar numberspace>UIDspace> Account number to your bank’s customer service phone number
- You will immediately receive a text message informing you that your request has been accepted.
- Meanwhile, the bank will confirm details with UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
- If your verification is unsuccessful, you will be notified and instructed to visit your nearest bank branch with your original Aadhaar card.
Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Using Phone
- Make a missed call to the number provided by your bank if you are able to seed your Aadhaar over the phone.
- You will receive a call from the bank and will be able to choose options from the IVR.
- Enter and confirm your Aadhaar number of 12 digits.
- Once your Aadhaar is linked to your account, you will receive a text message.
Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Using Mobile Application
- To begin, download the mobile banking application from Google Play or App Store.
- After you launch the app, you must enter your bank credentials: username and password.
- You must first select “Service Requests.”
- Select “Link Aadhaar.”
- You must select the bank account that will be linked to Aadhaar.
- Next, submit your Aadhaar number.
- Accept any terms and conditions, then click “Confirm.”
Link Aadhaar Card to the Bank Account Through Bank Branch
- You must fill out an application form for ‘Aadhaar linking’ after visiting your bank branch.
- Enter your bank account information and Aadhaar number correctly.
- For submission, you must bring a self-attested copy of your original Aadhaar card.
- After submitting the form, you will receive updates in the form of SMS on your registered phone number within 24 hours of verification.
Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Using ATM
- Visit your bank’s ATM
- Insert your debit card, enter your ATM pin, and then select the Registration Option.
- Select Aaadhar Registration.
- Enter and re-enter your 12-digit Aaadhaar number and proceed to link Aadhaar card to bank account
What are the Top Benefits of Linking Aadhaar Card with Bank Account?
- It will allow the government to credit welfare funds, MNREGA wages, scholarships, and other government benefits directly.
- Aadhaar will serve as a valid Know Your Customer (KYC) document, making it possible to open bank accounts.
- It will aid in the direct crediting of government subsidies, such as kerosene, LPG, sugar, and so on.
- Aadhaar-enabled accounts reduce the likelihood of fraudulent activity. It also prevents government spending from leaking. It aids in the detection of fraudulent transactions.
- The Aadhaar Enabled Payments Systems (AEPS) online, interoperable architecture will allow residents to access their accounts from anywhere in the country.
Read More: Check Aadhaar Linking Status with Bank