Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique identification number. It is issued by UIDAI and is mandatory for every individual to have it. One can enrol for it by visiting the official Aadhaar enrolment centre, whereas the official website of UIDAI can be used to update the Aadhaar card details, track its status, book an online Aadhaar card appointment etc.
Other than the UIDAI website, the government of India has introduced the mAadhaar mobile application. The application offers the flexibility to let users update Aadhaar details, biometrics details, and others.
The mAadhaar mobile application can be installed on any smartphone. The app stores all the basic details of the users like name, gender, address, photograph and more. In this blog, we will explain everything about a mAadhaar mobile application and how to download it.
What is mAadhaar Mobile Application?
mAadhaar is a mobile application launched by UIDAI. The application is suitable for both the operating systems- iOS and Android. The mAadhaar application stores all the demographic user’s data like name, address, gender and more that can be accessed at any given point in time. A password has to be entered every time to open the app. Besides, a total of 3 profiles can be added to the application. The app works as a digital substitute for the original Aadhaar card and can be used for a number of purposes.
How to Download mAadhaar Mobile Application?
For Android Devices: Click Here
For iOS Devices: Click Here
Following are the steps to download the mAadhaar application on Android and iOS-
- Open Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Install the mAadhaar mobile application
- Give all the app-based permissions
- Choose your preferred language
- Enter your registered mobile number
- An OTP will be sent to your number for authentication
- Submit the OTP
- You are good to go to use your mAadhaar app
How to Link Aadhaar to the mAadhaar application?
To start using the mAadhaar application, it is required to first create the profile by adding all the Aadhaar based information. Below are the steps to link Aadhaar to the mAadhaar application-
- Open mAadhaar application
- Enter password
- Click on ‘Register my Aadhaar’
- Create a 4-digit password and confirm it
- Next, enter your Aadhaar card number and captcha code
- Click on request OTP, enter it and verify it
- Your Aadhaar card will be presented to you
*The steps are the same for both the operating systems- iOS and Android
How to Reset Password in mAadhaar Application?
It is always advised to reset the password from time to time. The habit helps to secure the application from any harm or digital theft. To reset password in the mAadhaar application, one needs to follow the given mentioned steps-
- Login to the mAadhaar mobile application
- Locate to ‘Reset Password’
- Add all the required information
- Click on ‘Reset Password’
- Enter your new password, confirm it
How to Delete Profile from mAadhaar Application?
When you remove your registered mobile number SIM from your smartphone, the mAadhaar application gets automatically deleted. Besides, if you want to switch to a new mobile operator or want to upgrade your mobile phone, it is always recommended to uninstall the mobile application. Following are the steps to delete profile from mAadhaar mobile application-
- Login to your mAadhaar application
- Enter your password
- Click on your profile
- Navigate to the ‘Delete profile’ option
- Click on it, enter your password
- A screen will appear to confirm if you would want to delete your profile
- Confirm it
- Your profile will be deleted from the mAadhaar application
What is the Importance of a mAadhaar Mobile Application?
UIDAI has launched the mAadhaar application to let users avail of all the Aadhaar based services through a smartphone. Listed below highlights the importance of the mAadhaar mobile application-
- mAadhaar mobile application can be used to avail all the Aadhaar based services
- The application allows the users to lock and unlock biometric details
- One can use TOTP (Time based OTP), in case if there prevails any network issue
- You don’t need to carry the physical Aadhaar card as the mAadhaar application works similar to the former
- A user can share the KYC with service providers
- mAadhaar application allows users to share data with third parties by using QR code, NFC, Barcodes or email