Traveling through national highways too often?
Well, you must know that it is mandatory for you to stick the FASTag to your vehicle’s windshield. Well, having the FASTag on your vehicle isn’t enough unless you have a balance in your FASTag account.
If you are a regular traveler, it is important for you to stay full on your FASTag balance in order to avoid wasting any extra time at the toll plazas. But how do you check whether or not your FASTag balance is low?
Let’s find out!
Check FASTag Balance- The Process
There are various online and offline ways using which you can check your FASTag balance.
We have explained various online ways to check your FASTag balance below-
- Log in to your FASTag account- You can visit the official portal of your FASTag issuer and log in to your FASTag account using your credentials. After logging in to your account, you can find the option to check your FASTag account balance. You can also take a look at your FASTAg account statement to check all the deductions from your account.
- Download the Mobile application- Instead of logging in to the official portal of your FASTag issuer, you can simply download the mobile application which is linked to your NHAI prepaid wallet. Visit the Play Store or App Store on your mobile phone, and download ‘My FASTag App’. Log in to the application using your credentials and check your FASTag balance amount.
Here’s how you can check your FASTag balance using various offline ways-
- Find the SMS- If the online process seems a little complicated to you, you can simply take a look at your phone inbox. Every time that your money is deducted from your FASTag wallet at a toll plaza, you get notified with your updated balance through an SMS. To check your current balance, all you need to do is find out the latest SMS which has your recent FASTag deduction. The same SMS will also have your last updated FASTag account balance.
- Look for an Email notification- As and when you receive an SMS for a toll tax deduction from your FASTag account, you also receive a notification on your email. If you fail to find the latest SMS update on your FASTag balance, you can look for the latest email that would contain the last toll tax deduction from your FASTag account along with your last updated FASTag balance.
- Call Customer Care- If you have the NHAI FASTag, then to check your FASTag balance, you can give a missed call at the toll-free number- +91-8884333331, which is available 24*7. As soon as you give a missed call from your registered mobile number, you will receive a notification stating your current FASTag balance on your mobile phone. Note that you can use the customer care service to check your FASTag balance only if you have the NHAI FASTag.
Why should You Use Paytm for your FASTag Transactions?
There are multiple agencies, banks, etc. that offer FASTag services to their users. Unlike these wallets that require you to do separate recharge for your FASTag, Paytm wallet offers the same FASTag services with additional benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the many reasons that you should use Paytm for all your FASTag transactions-
- Once your FASTag registration is complete, your FASTag account will be created, which you can easily link with your Paytm wallet
- All you need to do to link FASTag to your Paytm wallet is provide your vehicle’s RC and you are done
- Using Paytm for your FASTag allows you to use the same FASTag for multiple vehicles if you own any
- Additionally, using the Paytm wallet for your FASTag-related transactions will make it easier for you as you won’t have to recharge your FASTag again and again. All you need is a balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount would directly be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza
- Having a single Paytm wallet for multiple needs will help you manage your balances and keep a detailed track of all your travel-related expenses, whether fuel, purchases at departmental stores, or expenses made at toll plazas
What are the Benefits of Having a FASTag?
The following reasons explain why you should use FASTag-
- Using the FASTag technology, you will not have to lower the speed of your vehicle at the toll plazas. Since you can keep moving at the toll gates, without having to stop, your fuel and your time will be saved
- Since the traffic does not have to stop or slow down, there is almost no congestion or traffic jam at the toll plazas
- With the use of FASTag, you can enjoy the benefit of electronic payment, and a completely hassle-free driving experience throughout your journey; leaving the FASTag to take care of all your toll payments
- If you use Paytm to make your FASTag payments, you will receive regular in-app notifications and SMSs every time you make a payment through FASTag. Moreover, you can also track your expenses in your Paytm passbook
- The FASTag facility benefits the environment in the long run, as it reduces the use of paper and fuel
- Regular travelers can apply to convert their monthly, regular passes into FASTag passes. There is an online application procedure for corporates and fleet owners to do the same
- While various other digital wallets let you recharge your FASTag on your mobile phone in a matter of minutes; Paytm does not require you to do that either. All you need is some balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount will automatically be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza
- Upon linking your FASTag account with the Paytm mobile application, you will be automatically notified of all the transactions and toll deductions. This will help you keep a track of the money that you have spent at toll plazas during your travel
- A FASTag has a validity of 5 years
- Registering for a FASTag involves a simple, and quick process