Everyone must have a Fastag, whether they are driving a personal or business car. A fine must be paid if you fail to have a FASTag. There are numerous ways to check your FASTag balance, including online, via SMS, phone with customer support, mobile app, and more. Each method is comprised of only a few simple steps.
How to Check FASTag Balance through Website?
The official FASTag website allows you to check your FASTag balance online. Here is how to do it:
- Visit the official website of the Fastag issuer for your vehicle.
- Log in to your Fastag account and look for the option to check your Fastag account balance.
- View the Fastag account statement to learn more about previous payments.
How to Check FASTag Balance through Mobile Application?
You may quickly check your Fastag balance on your smartphone by downloading the app from the Play Store or App Store rather than having to log into the official website, check your SMS, or open an email.
- Download the FASTag app for your smartphone.
- Enter all the necessary information after signing in to the app.
- Once finished, review your FASTag balance information.
How to Check FASTag Balance through SMS?
If you do not have internet access, just look for the SMS that was sent to you with your most recent toll tax deduction. In addition to information about the most recent toll payment, this SMS also contains specifics about the updated balance.
- Enter the registered number into your phone’s SMS inbox.
- Check your inbox for a notice of the deduction.
How to Check FASTag Balance through Email Notification?
NHAI will send an email to your registered ID, much like how SMS functions, whenever a toll fee is deducted from the FASTag wallet.
- Navigate to the inbox of your registered email address.
- Check your inbox for the most current FASTag deduction email.
- Check the email’s content for the FASTag balance.
How to Check FASTag Balance through FASTag Customer Care Helpline Number?
The toll-free number +91-8884333331 can be used to check your Fastag balance. You only need to make a missed call to this number using your registered mobile number, which is available around the clock. A notification with the current Fastag balance will be sent to you shortly after the missed call.
Why Should You Use Paytm for your FASTag Transactions?
Paytm wallet FASTag services with added advantages, in contrast to several wallets that demand a separate FASTag recharge. Here are some of the many benefits of using Paytm for all of your FASTag transactions:
- When you purchase a Paytm FASTag, it immediately links to your Paytm wallet, allowing you to conduct FASTag transactions. Just make sure your prepaid wallet account has KYC verification, and you’re good to go!
- Additionally, since you won’t need to keep charging your FASTag, utilising the Paytm wallet for your FASTag-related transactions will be simpler for you. When you cross a toll plaza, the toll tax amount will be automatically debited from your Paytm wallet as long as you have money in the account.
- You can manage your balances and keep a thorough record of all your travel-related spending, including fuel, department store purchases, and toll plaza costs, by using a single Paytm wallet for all of your needs.
What are the Benefits of Having a FASTag?
The following reasons explain why you should use FASTag-
- Using the FASTag technology, you will not have to lower the speed of your vehicle at the toll plazas. Since you can keep moving at the toll gates, without having to stop, your fuel and your time will be saved
- Since the traffic does not have to stop or slow down, there is almost no congestion or traffic jam at the toll plazas
- With the use of FASTag, you can enjoy the benefit of electronic payment, and a completely hassle-free driving experience throughout your journey; leaving the FASTag to take care of all your toll payments
- If you use Paytm to make your FASTag payments, you will receive regular in-app notifications and SMSs every time you make a payment through FASTag. Moreover, you can also track your expenses in your Paytm passbook
- The FASTag facility benefits the environment in the long run, as it reduces the use of paper and fuel
- Regular travellers can apply to convert their monthly, regular passes into FASTag passes. There is an online application procedure for corporates and fleet owners to do the same
- While various other digital wallets let you recharge your FASTag on your mobile phone in a matter of minutes; Paytm does not require you to do that either. All you need is a minimum balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount will automatically be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza
- Upon linking your FASTag account with the Paytm mobile application, you will be automatically notified of all the transactions and toll deductions. This will help you keep a track of the money that you have spent at toll plazas during your travel
- A FASTag has a validity of 5 years
- Registering for a FASTag involves a simple, and quick process
|FASTag users will soon be able to disconnect their vehicles from their tags|
|Users of FASTag will soon be able to change and choose new tags for their vehicles. This feature has been improved as a result of changes made by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in the FASTag implementation, which included the addition of three new exception codes.|
Users can now easily close a FASTag and replace it with another on the same vehicle number. Previously, this service was restricted due to the permanent FASTag linkage with a vehicle number and the lack of an appropriate exception code for a discontinued FASTag.
|FASTags will be replaced by automatic licence plate readers|
|Toll plazas on India’s national highways may be phased out soon. The government is working on replacing toll booths with automatic number plate reader cameras. These cameras will read licence plates and take money from the owner’s bank account. A pilot programme is already in place, according to Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways.|
|Paytm will roll out FASTag-based parking services throughout the country. (SEP 2021)|
|Paytm has announced that it will roll out FASTag-based cashless parking facilities across the country, following the success of its first such facility at the Kashmere Gate metro station in collaboration with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. The change is intended to eliminate the need to stop cash payments at parking facilities while also saving time and effort.|
Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) will be in charge of facilitating the processing of all FASTag-based transactions at the metro parking facility for cars with a valid FASTag sticker.
|The government standardises the process of issuing an international driving permit (Aug 2022)|
|According to a statement issued by the ministry of road transport and highways (MoRTH) on Monday, the government has implemented a uniform format for international driving permits (IDP) issued in the country. The document will now be provided in the form of a booklet., according to the ministry, and will include a QR code for all driver-related information that authorities in the country being visited can review.|
|There is no need to take a DL driving test (AUG 1, 2022)|
|In accordance with the modifications made to the prerequisites for obtaining a driving licence, you won’t be required to take any kind of driving test by visiting the RTO. These guidelines were announced by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and are now in effect. It’s a huge relief to know you’re no longer on the RTO’s driver’s licence waiting list.|