Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission on 27th September 2021. The mission aims to provide digital health ID to all the citizens of India. The launch was made by the National Health Authority (NHA) on the third anniversary of the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PA-JAY). The Ayushman Bharat Health Account is a unique health account that will help citizens access and share health records with hospitals, clinics, etc. as and when required. Let’s read further to know about the national health ID card and its benefits in detail.
What is Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Account (Health ID)?
The ABHA Health Card is a unique health ID that will comprise a 14-digit health identification number using a person’s mobile number or aadhaar. It will allow the users, insurance companies and hospitals to access and share the health record digitally. For instance, an individual will be able to receive all the information digitally like the lab reports, prescriptions, consultation details, and diagnoses from verified doctors and health service providers by presenting the health ID to them. This will allow easy access and sharing of health records to doctors no matter which part of the country the beneficiary is admitted to.
With the help of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Account (Health ID), the government aims to do better planning, implementation and budgeting of states and health programs. Moreover, it will also digitally connect the hospitals across the country with each other. However, applying for a digital health ID is completely voluntary and does not involve any costs.
How to Create Your Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number (Health ID) on Paytm?
You can create your ABHA number (Health ID) on Paytm in less than 30 seconds in a very easy and hassle-free way. All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps to create the ABHA number on Paytm.
Step 1: Login to the Paytm App
Step 2: Scroll down to the end of the home screen and click on ‘Paytm Health’ option under the ‘Do more with Paytm’ section
Step 3: Click on ‘ABHA Health Locker’ and then click on ‘Start Now’
Step 4: Now, from the pop up that opens, choose an option out of Aadhaar or Mobile number to create your ABHA account
Step 5: If you select ‘Aadhaar’, you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number and verify it using OTP
Step 6: Alternatively, if you select ‘Mobile’, you will have to verify your mobile number using the OTP sent to your linked mobile number
Step 7: Your unique 14 digits ABHA number (Health ID) will be created and displayed on the screen!
It is important to note that creating your ABHA is the first step towards creating safer, more efficient healthcare records for you and your family. If you want to create your ABHA on Paytm, click here. It’s free, secure, and everyone should have one for the following reasons!
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Health Account (Health ID Card) for the Citizens
Here is how the newly launched health card can benefit us in multiple ways:
- An individual with a health ID card can check the doctors’ details along with their qualification through the Healthcare Professional Registry (HPR), which is a repository of registered medical professionals
- The registered users will also be able to check the private and public healthcare facilities in the country with the help of the health facility registry (HFR)
- After downloading the card the individual can make use of the list of benefits that are offered under the card
- While visiting a new doctor an individual can show their medical records to the doctor with the help of a health ID card. This will help the doctor to get a complete idea of the existing diseases, treatment till now, medicines, discharge summary, tests and reports, etc.
- The card can also be used at AYUSH healthcare services, which include Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy
- The digital health ID card will be very helpful in the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, as doctors will be able to check the earlier treatments of the people and their vaccination status. Moreover, with the help of a health ID card an individual can get COVID-19 treatment anywhere in the country
- The sharing of health documents with any healthcare provider is consent-based. The users can choose to give or remove consent whenever they want
Wrapping it Up!
The Ayushman Bharat Health Account, also known as Health ID, is a significant step towards transforming healthcare delivery in India. It provides individuals with a secure and portable digital identity that stores their personal health records, ensuring easy access and improved care coordination across healthcare providers. The benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Health Account are manifold, including centralized health records, better care coordination, accessibility, health analytics, and avoidance of duplicate tests. By embracing this innovative initiative, individuals can take control of their health information, healthcare providers can make informed treatment decisions, and the healthcare system as a whole can benefit from data-driven insights. With the Ayushman Bharat Health Account, India is paving the way for a more efficient and patient-centric healthcare ecosystem that promises to enhance the well-being of its citizens.
What is Ayushman Bharat Health Account?
How does the Ayushman Bharat Health Account work?
What are the benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Health Account?
- Individuals can maintain their health records in a secure and centralized manner, making it easier for healthcare providers to access accurate information during treatments
- The Health ID enables seamless sharing of medical records between different healthcare providers, leading to improved care coordination and reduced chances of medical errors.
- Individuals can access their health records anytime and anywhere, which is particularly useful in emergencies or when seeking treatment in a different location.
- Aggregated and anonymized data from Health IDs can be used for health research, policy-making, and healthcare planning purposes.
- With access to previous medical records, healthcare providers can avoid unnecessary duplication of diagnostic tests, saving time and resources.