Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission on 27th September 2021. The mission aims to provide digital health ID to all the citizens of India. The launch was made by the National Health Authority (NHA) on the third anniversary of the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PA-JAY). The Ayushman Bharat Health Account is a unique health account that will help citizens access and share health records with hospitals, clinics, etc. as and when required. Let’s read further to know about the national health ID card and its benefits in detail.
What is Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Account (Health ID)?
The ABHA (Health ID) is a unique health ID that will comprise a 14-digit health identification number using a person’s mobile number or aadhaar. It will allow the users, insurance companies and hospitals to access and share the health record digitally. For instance, an individual will be able to receive all the information digitally like the lab reports, prescriptions, consultation details, and diagnoses from verified doctors and health service providers by presenting the health ID to them. This will allow easy access and sharing of health records to doctors no matter which part of the country the beneficiary is admitted to.
With the help of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Account (Health ID), the government aims to do better planning, implementation and budgeting of states and health programs. Moreover, it will also digitally connect the hospitals across the country with each other. However, applying for a digital health ID is completely voluntary and does not involve any costs.
How to Create Your Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number (Health ID) on Paytm?
A user can create their ABHA number (Health ID) on Paytm in less than 30 seconds in a very easy and hassle-free way. One just needs to follow the below-mentioned 7 steps to create the ABHA number on Paytm.
Step 1- Login to the Paytm App
Step 2- Scroll down and under Paytm Health click on ‘ Create New ABHA‘
Step 3: Enter your Aadhar Number
Step 4: Verify your Aadhar Number using OTP
Step 5: Enter your mobile number
Step 6: Verify your mobile number using OTP
Step 7: Create your PHR address (Your username)
You have your unique 14 digits ABHA number (Health ID)
Creating ABHA is the first step towards creating safer, more efficient healthcare records for you and your family. If you want to create your ABHA on Paytm, click here. It’s free, secure, and everyone should have one.
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Health Account (Health ID) for the Citizens
Here is how the newly launched health card can benefit us in multiple ways:
- An individual with a health ID card can check the doctors’ details along with their qualification through the Healthcare Professional Registry (HPR), which is a repository of registered medical professionals
- The registered users will also be able to check the private and public healthcare facilities in the country with the help of the health facility registry (HFR)
- After downloading the card the individual can make use of the list of benefits that are offered under the card
- While visiting a new doctor an individual can show their medical records to the doctor with the help of a health ID card. This will help the doctor to get a complete idea of the existing diseases, treatment till now, medicines, discharge summary, tests and reports, etc.
- The card can also be used at AYUSH healthcare services, which include Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy
- The digital health ID card will be very helpful in the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, as doctors will be able to check the earlier treatments of the people and their vaccination status. Moreover, with the help of a health ID card an individual can get COVID-19 treatment anywhere in the country
- The sharing of health documents with any healthcare provider is consent-based. The users can choose to give or remove consent whenever they want
Wrapping it Up!
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Account (Health ID) will create a seamless online platform that will also be secure and will protect the privacy and confidentiality of health-related personal information. Moreover, with this initiative, the government aims to reduce the risk of preventable medical errors and significantly increase the quality of healthcare in India.