After enrolling in the Aadhar program and receiving your Aadhar card, you can download or print a digital version of it. This digital version, known as an e-Aadhaar card, is protected by a password. In order to open the e-Aadhaar PDF file, you will need to enter this password.
In this blog, we will go over everything there is to know about an e-Aadhaar password and how to use it.
What is an e-Aadhaar?
e-Aadhaar is a digital version of an Aadhaar card. It is digitally signed by the UIDAI as per the provision written under Information Technology Act 2000. According to the act, an e-Aadhaar with a digital signature can be used in place of a physical Aadhaar card. It should be noted that an e-Aadhaar card is not a replacement for a physical Aadhaar card, as it functions similarly to the latter.
- An e-Aadhaar card is a legal document and it is treated the same as a physical version of it
- It works as a proof of identity
- e-Aadhaar can be obtained by visiting the UIDAI’s official website, the Aadhaar app, the DigiLocker app, or the UMANG app
- An e-Aadhaar card contains the same information as a physical Aadhaar card, such as name, gender, photo, date of birth, and a 12-digit unique identification number
What is an e Aadhaar Password?
The e-Aadhaar password is a security feature that is used to protect the privacy of your personal information on the e-Aadhaar. The password is typically a combination of the first four letters of your name in capital letters (as mentioned on your Aadhaar card) and your birth year in YYYY format.
Here are some more examples:
- If your name is Tisa Lee and you were born in 1980, your e-Aadhaar password would be LISA1980.
- If your name is Veena Sharma and you were born in 1995, your e-Aadhaar password would be VEEN1995.
- If your name is MUKUND and you were born in 1970, your e-Aadhaar password would be MUKU1970.
- If your name is JIA and you were born in 1975, your e-Aadhaar password would be JIA1975.
Why is the Aadhaar Card Password Required?
The e-Aadhaar password is required to open and access the electronic version of your Aadhaar card. It is a security measure put in place to protect the privacy of your personal information, such as your name, address, and biometric data, which is contained on your Aadhaar card. Without the password, it would be impossible for anyone to access and view the information on your e-Aadhaar.
How to Open an e-Aadhaar Card PDF after Downloading?
To open your e-Aadhaar card, follow these steps:
- Go to https://uidai.gov.in/ and click on the option ‘Download Aadhaar’ in the ‘My Aadhaar’ section.
- This will take you to a new page at https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- On this page, choose the option that applies to you: either Aadhaar number, Enrollment ID, or Virtual ID.
- Enter the appropriate number in the space provided, along with other necessary details like your name, pin code, and security code.
- Send a request for an OTP to be sent to the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP in the designated space and click on ‘Download Aadhaar’. Your e-Aadhaar card will be downloaded.
What is the Need for an Aadhaar PDF Password?
e-Aadhaar is required if:
- If a person has lost their original Aadhaar card, they can obtain a new one by contacting the UIDAI.
- If the physical Aadhaar card is accidentally destroyed, a digital copy can be used as a replacement.
- In some cases, a digital copy of the Aadhaar card can be used instead of a physical copy.
To print your e-Aadhaar card, you will first need to download it from the UIDAI website as a PDF file. In order to open this PDF file, you will need to enter the e-Aadhaar password. This password is made up of the first four letters of your name (in capital letters) and your year of birth. Once you have entered the password, you will be able to open the PDF file and print your e-Aadhaar card. This password adds an extra layer of security to your e-Aadhaar card, making it digitally safe and secure.
Why is an e-Aadhaar Card Protected with a Password?
An Aadhaar card contains the user’s sensitive and personal details. It can be downloaded online without much effort. As a result, it is protected with a password that must be entered each time a user accesses the file to ensure that no personal information is compromised.
Read More: What is an Aadhaar Card- Know Eligibility Criteria, Documents and more
How to Use Aadhaar Card Password?
e-Aadhaar is presented in a password-protected PDF format. To access it, a user must follow the steps outlined below:
- Double-click the e-Aadhaar PDF file to open it
- Upon opening, enter the e-Aadhaar password
- To obtain your e-Aadhaar, enter the first four letters of your name and your date of birth
What to do if I Forget my Aadhaar Password?
If you have forgotten the password for your E-Aadhaar PDF, don’t worry. The password is a combination of the first four letters of your name, written in all capital letters, and your year of birth in YYYY format. For example, if your name is Jinia Bhushan and you were born in 1980, your password would be JINI1980. If you are still unable to access your E-Aadhaar PDF, you can contact the UIDAI for assistance.
Benefits of e Aadhaar Card
An Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India. The card serves as proof of identity and address, and can be used for a variety of purposes, such as applying for government services, opening a bank account, and more. Some of the benefits of having an Aadhaar card include:
- It serves as a proof of identity and address, which can be useful for a variety of purposes, such as opening a bank account, applying for a passport, and more.
- It allows individuals to easily access government services, such as applying for a pension or other benefits, and can help streamline the process of accessing these services.
- It can help reduce instances of fraud, as the unique identification number on the card makes it difficult for individuals to impersonate someone else.
- It can help the government better target and deliver services to individuals, such as subsidies and other benefits, by providing a reliable way to identify and verify individuals.
- It can help improve the efficiency of various processes, such as opening a bank account or applying for a passport, by providing a single, standardized form of identification.
How to download e-Aadhaar Card?
There are several ways to download an electronic version of your Aadhar card, also known as an e-Aadhaar card. These methods include downloading the card using your Aadhaar number, Virtual ID, or enrolment ID, as well as downloading the card using your name and date of birth. To download your e-Aadhaar card, you will need to visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and follow the instructions provided. Once you have downloaded your e-Aadhaar card, you can print it out or save it to your computer for future reference.
To download your Aadhaar card using your Aadhaar number:
- Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Go to the “My Aadhaar” section and click on “Download Aadhaar” under the “Get Aadhaar” section.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on “I want a masked Aadhaar”.
- Enter the captcha code and click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP and click on “Verify and Download” to download your Aadhaar card.
To download your Aadhaar card using your enrolment ID:
- Go to the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Under the “My Aadhaar” section, click on “Download Aadhar”.
- Enter your 14-digit enrolment ID and check the box next to “I want a masked Aadhaar”.
- Enter the captcha code and click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP and click on “Download” to download your e-Aadhaar card.
You can download your Aadhar card by using your Virtual ID (VID)
- Go to the UIDAI website and click on “My Aadhaar”
- Select “Download Aadhaar” and enter your 16-digit VID number
- Check the box for “I want a masked Aadhaar” and click “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP to download your Aadhar card online.
To download your Aadhar card using your name and date of birth, follow these steps:
- Go to the UIDAI website and log in
- Click on “My Aadhaar” and select “Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID”
- Select “Enrolment ID” and enter your name, mobile number, or email address
- Enter the captcha code and click “Send OTP”
- Enter and verify the OTP
- You will be notified that your Aadhaar number has been sent to your registered email address
- Once you receive your Aadhaar number, go back to the UIDAI website
- Click on “Download Aadhaar” under “My Aadhaar”
- Enter your Aadhaar number, check the box for “I want a masked Aadhaar,” and enter the captcha code
- Click “Submit” and enter the OTP to download your Aadhar card.
Also Read: How to Lock/Unlock Aadhaar Biometric?