The deadline for linking PAN card with Aadhaar card has been set for June 30, 2023. However, individuals who fail to link their PAN with Aadhaar by the deadline will be subject to a penalty. Starting from April 1, 2022, a fee of Rs 500 was introduced for non-compliance. This fee was later increased to Rs 1,000 from July 1, 2022. Therefore, it is essential for individuals to link their PAN card with Aadhaar card before the deadline to avoid any penalty.
In this blog, we will discuss how to link the Aadhaar card and PAN card in various ways.
Linking your PAN to your Aadhaar card is a mandatory requirement set by the government. It is an important step towards financial compliance and helps in filing your tax returns easily. There are two ways to link your PAN to your Aadhaar card, and you can choose the one that suits you best.
Here are the two methods to link your PAN to your Aadhaar card:
Method 1: Link PAN to Aadhaar card through the e-filing website
- Visit the official Income Tax Department e-filing website.
- Click on the “Link Aadhaar” option, which is available under the “Quick Links” section.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar numbers in the respective fields.
- Enter your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card and verify the captcha code.
- Now, tick the relevant box.
- Click on “Link Aadhaar”.
- After successful verification from UIDAI, your Aadhaar card will be linked with your PAN card.
- If there is any discrepancy, an error message will be displayed, and you will be required to rectify the same.
Method 2: Link PAN to Aadhaar card by sending an SMS
- Type UIDPAN<SPACE><12-digit Aadhaar><SPACE><10-digit PAN> on your mobile phone.
- Send this message to either 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number.
- You will receive a message confirming the successful linkage of your PAN and Aadhaar card.
Make sure to link your PAN to your Aadhaar card before the deadline to avoid any inconvenience.
When a user encounters an issue with linking their Aadhaar card to PAN card due to misspelling of their name, it is essential to rectify the error first. The user needs to follow these steps to correct the spelling mistake:
How to Correct Name in PAN Card?
A user is required to follow the steps given below-
- Visit the official e-filing website of NSDL.
- Under the section ‘Application Type’, click on ‘Changes or Correction in PAN Data’.
- Select the category ‘Individual’ and enter the necessary details.
- Write the captcha code and click on ‘Submit’.
- The updated PAN card will be sent to the user’s registered address.
It is important to note that the correction process for both the PAN card and Aadhaar card may take a few weeks to be completed. After receiving the updated PAN card, the user can then attempt to link their Aadhaar card with their corrected PAN card.
How to Correct Name on Aadhaar Card?
If you need to correct the name on your Aadhaar card due to a misspelling or error, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Aadhaar Enrolment Centre, which can be found on the UIDAI website.
- Carry all the necessary documents, including your original Aadhaar card and a valid identity proof document.
- Obtain and fill out the Aadhaar enrolment form.
- Submit the form and required documents to the concerned official, who will review the information and make necessary corrections.
- Upon submission, you will receive an acknowledgement slip with a unique request number (URN). You can use this URN to check the status of your update request on the UIDAI website.
It’s essential to ensure that your name is correctly spelled on your Aadhaar card, as it serves as a primary identity document for a variety of purposes.
Also Read: How to Change the Name on the PAN Card?
To check the status of the Aadhaar PAN linking, follow these steps:
- Visit the official e-filing website of the Income Tax Department.
- Locate the option or section for checking Aadhaar PAN linking status.
- Enter your PAN number and Aadhaar number in the respective fields.
- Click on the “View Link Aadhaar Status” or similar button.
- The website will display the status of your Aadhaar PAN linking, indicating whether the two documents are successfully linked or not.
It’s important to link Aadhaar and PAN card to ensure compliance with government regulations and enjoy the benefits associated with the linkage.