In today’s fast-paced world, technology has revolutionized various aspects of our lives, including the way we travel. With the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) offering the convenience of e-ticket booking, travelers can save time and effort by avoiding long queues at ticket counters. To enhance security and streamline the ticket booking process, IRCTC has made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar card with your IRCTC account.
This blog will guide you through the step-by-step process of how to link Aadhaar with IRCTC account, empowering you to effortlessly book e-tickets from the comfort of your home. Let’s dive in and explore how this simple procedure can make your travel experience smoother and hassle-free.
- Open your web browser and visit www.irctc.co.in.
- Enter your login credentials and proceed to Sign In.
- Navigate to the MY ACCOUNT tab and choose the Link Your Aadhaar option.
- The Aadhaar KYC page will be displayed, where you should input your Name as per your Aadhaar Card.
- Enter either your Aadhaar Number or Virtual ID, then check the designated checkbox.
- Click the Send OTP button to receive a One-Time Password on your Aadhaar Registered Mobile number.
- Provide the received OTP and press the Verify OTP button.
- The KYC response is retrieved from your Aadhaar.
- Click the Update button to finalize the Aadhaar verification process.
- A confirmation message will appear in a pop-up window; close the window.
- Log in once again at www.irctc.co.in to proceed.
Once your Aadhaar card is linked to your IRCTC account, you can proceed with booking e-tickets using the “Book Ticket” option on the IRCTC website. Make sure to have your Aadhaar card handy, as it may be required during the ticket booking process for verification purposes.
How to Verify Passengers With Aadhaar on IRCTC?
- Open your web browser and go to www.irctc.co.in.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the MY ACCOUNT tab and select My Profile.
- Under My Profile, find and click on Add/Modify Master List. It’s in the list that says (MY ACCOUNT >> My Profile >> Add/Modify Master List).
- Fill in the passenger’s details: Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Berth Preference, Food Preference, Senior Citizen Concession (if applicable), ID Card Type, and ID Card Number (Aadhaar Number).
- Hit the Submit button.
- The passenger’s information will be added to the Master List, which you can view in the Saved Passenger List.
- If you want to check the pending Aadhaar Verification Status, just click on the link that says “Click here to check pending Aadhaar Verification Status.”
- If everything looks good, the Verification Status will change to Verified, and you’ll see a Success alert on the screen.
Linking your Aadhaar card with your IRCTC account opens up a world of convenience when it comes to booking e-tickets for your train journeys. By following the simple steps outlined in this blog, you can ensure a seamless and secure ticket booking experience. The integration of Aadhaar verification with IRCTC not only enhances the safety and authenticity of transactions but also saves you valuable time and effort. So, why wait in long queues when you can effortlessly book e-tickets from the comfort of your home? Take advantage of this streamlined process and embark on your travel adventures with ease. Remember to keep your Aadhaar card and IRCTC account details secure, and always refer to the official IRCTC website for the latest information. Happy travels!
Why is it necessary to link Aadhaar to IRCTC Account?
What information do I need to link my Aadhaar Card with my IRCTC Account?
- Your 12-digit Aadhaar Card number
- Your name as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card
- Any additional information or verification method specified by IRCTC during the linking process