The National Health Authority (NHA) under its flagship scheme of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) has announced one of the key health initiatives for all Indians. It’s called ABHA – Ayushman Bharat Health Account (previously known as Health Id).
It is a 14 digit unique Health identification number provided to every Indian to help them store, access and share health information digitally.
Before you read about how to get your ABHA number let’s look at some of the interesting facts about ABHA.
What is an ABHA Number (previously known as Health ID)
ABHA Number (previously known as Health ID) is one of the key initiatives of ABDM (Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission). It is a hassle-free method of accessing and sharing your health records digitally.
It enables your interaction with participating healthcare providers (labs, hospitals, clinic, online doctor consultation) and allows you to receive your digital lab reports, prescriptions and diagnosis from verified healthcare professionals and health service providers.
You can use the Ayushman Bharat Health Account number to link your existing and new medical records including lab reports, doctor prescriptions, hospital records, etc., and also share these records with registered health service providers and health professionals. Moreover, you can also access other digital health services whilst maintaining a common pool of medical history.
ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) is the first step towards creating safer, more efficient digital health records for you and your family. You can opt-in to create a digitally secure ABHA and access and share your health data with consenting healthcare providers.
Here are some of the benefits you should know-
- Digital Health Records – Get all your medical records automatically linked to your ABHA (Health Id). Easy storage and access to all your medical history
- Consent-Based Access – Access to your health data is provided after your clear and informed consent. You have the ability to manage and revoke consent if needed
- Access to Healthcare Services – Get all healthcare services within clicks. From doctors to lab tests to ePharmacy and hospitalization
- Private & Secure Platform – Complete secure platform built with encryption mechanisms and robust security. No information is shared without your consent
- Inclusive Access – An initiative built for everyone. Available to people with smartphones, feature phones, and even no phones using assisted methods
How to create your ABHA Number
This is how you create a National Health ID. It’s free, secure, and everyone should have one. Creating your ABHA number (Health Id) will now take you less than 30 Sec. You can create your ABHA on Paytm. Follow the below-mentioned 7 steps to create your ABHA number.
Step 1: Log in to your Paytm App
Step 2: Scroll down and under Paytm Health click on ‘Create New ABHA‘
Step 3: Enter your Aadhar Number
Step 4: Verify your Aadhar Number using OTP
Step 5: Enter your mobile number
Step 6: Verify your mobile number using OTP
Step 7: Create your PHR address (Your username)
You have your unique 14 digit ABHA number (Health ID)
Creating ABHA is the first step towards creating safer, more efficient healthcare records for you and your family. If you want to create your ABHA on Paytm, click here. It’s free, secure, and everyone should have one.