The Government of India issues an Aadhaar card to all the citizens of India irrespective of their social, economic, and cultural backgrounds. It features a 12-digit unique identification number that contains the demographic and biometric data of the individual it is issued to.
Do you wish to visit an Aadhaar card centre in Mumbai to get your own? Read on for a comprehensive guide with all details about the Aadhaar Card centre in Mumbai.
About UIDAI Office Mumbai
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is the body that issues the Aadhaar card and also stores the demographic and biometric information of all registered citizens in a central database. In order to make the registration of new Aadhaar cards and corrections of the existing ones quick and accessible, UIDAI has set up a number of Aadhaar enrollment centres throughout the country. Mumbai covers a large area of the country’s population and also has numerous centres spread across the city. You can also visit the Aadhaar card head office in Mumbai to address grievances and handle cases that need special attention.
Some Facts You Should Know about Aadhaar Card
- Having an Aadhaar card is important for easy access to all individual data in one place which helps in speeding up KYC (know your customer) procedures at banks, telecom companies, and other financial institutions.
- It serves as proof of both identity and address all over the country.
- It saves the trouble of carrying different documents for different purposes. It makes it possible for all information about an individual to be stored in one place.
- In addition to the demographic data (residential address), an Aadhaar card also has biometric details like the iris scan, photograph, and fingerprints of the cardholder.
Details of Important Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
Here is a brief list of important Aadhaar offices and centres located in Mumbai:
- Aadhaar card head office Mumbai
7th Floor, MTNL Exchange, GD Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade, Colaba, Mumbai – 400005
- Aadhaar card centre in Borivali West
Allahabad Bank, Emperor Square, L.T. Road, Babhai Junction, Opp. Municipal School, Borivali West, Mumbai – 400092
- Aadhaar card centres in Andheri West
- ICICI Bank Limited: ICIC0000011, Sagar Avenue, Ground Floor, Opp. Shoppers Stop, SV Road, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400058
- Allahabad Bank: Rajesh Centre, 1st Floor, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400058
- Indian Bank: Shop No.19,20,21, Poseidon Building, Off Yari Road, Versova, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400061
- India Post: Andheri Head Post Office, Near D N Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400053
- India Post: Post Office Andheri Railway Station, Opp. Paneri, S V Road, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400058
- Bank of Baroda: Khajina Mahal, 189, S. V. Road, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400058
- Aadhaar card centres in Andheri East
- Karur Vysya Bank: KVBLOOO2115, Unit No-1 & 2, Everest Grande, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400093
- Allahabad Bank: Allahabad Bank Nagardas Road, Andheri East, Mumbai Mumbai – 400069
- Dena Bank: The Heritage, Marol, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400059
- Aadhaar card centre in Goregaon West
Allahabad Bank: Kiran Ind., M G Road, Near Raga Hotel, Goregaon West, Mumbai – 400104
- Aadhaar card centre in Kandivali East
Aadhaar Centre: Thakur Village, Kandivali East, Mumbai – 400101
- Aadhaar card centre in Malad West
Bank of India: BKID0000031, Bank of India, Malad West Branch, Mumbai – 400051
- Aadhaar card centres in Ghatkopar
- Allahabad Bank: K.K.Chhaya Building, TPS No.3, Pantnagar, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai – 400077
- RBL Bank Limited: Ratn0000188, RBL Bank, Shop13, Zest Business Centre, M G Road, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai – 400075
- Dena Bank: Dena Bank, Branch 36, Sanghani Estate, Tara Apartment, First Floor, L.B.S. Marg, Ghatkopar West, Mumbai – 400086
An important document that comes in handy for a lot of purposes, an Aadhaar card is a must-have for every citizen of India. Applying for an Aadhaar card in Mumbai is very convenient as many Aadhaar enrollment centres and Aadhaar update centres in Mumbai are operational in various accessible locations. This makes applying and updating an Aadhaar card extremely easy and convenient.