Direct benefit transfer (DBT) is a government program in India that aims to deliver social welfare benefits and subsidies directly to the bank accounts of eligible beneficiaries. The program uses the Aadhaar card, which is a 12-digit unique identity number issued by the government to all residents of India, as a means of verifying the identity of beneficiaries and ensuring that the benefits are delivered to the correct person.
Aadhaar can be linked to a bank account online, via SMS, mobile application, phone banking, or by visiting the nearest bank’s branch or ATM. After linking the Aadhaar to the bank account, the user can check the status by visiting the UIDAI website.
In this blog, we will go over how to check Aadhaar linking status with bank using a few simple steps.
UIDAI has made it simple for users to check Aadhaar bank link status using its official website within minutes of the Aadhaar being linked with the bank. The steps to verify the status of your Aadhar-Bank linking are as follows-
- Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) at https://uidai.gov.in/.
- On the UIDAI homepage, navigate to the “Aadhaar Services” section. You can find it either in the main menu or in the quick links section.
- Under the Aadhaar Services section, look for the option titled “Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status” or a similar option that indicates the linking status of your Aadhaar with a bank account. Click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can check the linking status. This page may require you to enter your Aadhaar number and a security code for verification. Provide the necessary details and click on the “Submit” or “Check Status” button.
- Once you submit the details, the system will verify the information and display the linking status of your Aadhaar with the bank account. It will indicate whether your Aadhaar is linked or not linked to your bank account.
- If your Aadhaar is linked to the bank account, you will see a confirmation message stating the same. If it is not linked, the system will display a message indicating that your Aadhaar is not linked to the bank account.
Users who do not have internet access can check their Aadhaar linking status with their bank by following the instructions below:
- Dial *99*99*1# from the mobile number which is registered with UIDAI
- Enter 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Re-enter it to check Aadhaar linking status with bank
Points to be noted-
- It is not necessary to link Aadhaar with a bank if a user does not wish to take advantage of government schemes and related services
- Anyone with an Aadhaar number can check the status of Aadhaar bank linking; thus, it is important to understand how to prevent Aadhaar card misuse
Steps to Check the Status of Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account Through mAadhaar App
- Log in to your account using the mAadhaar app.
- Select ‘My Aadhaar’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘Aadhaar-Bank Account Link Status.’
- Enter your Aadhaar number as well as the captcha code.
- Select the ‘Request OTP’ option.
- Enter the OTP that was sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click ‘Verify’ to see if your bank account is linked to your Aadhaar number.
The steps to link a bank account to Paytm Payments Bank in order to take advantage of government schemes are as follows:
- Open the Paytm mobile app
- Click on ‘Paytm Bank’ on the home screen
- Next, scroll down to the ‘Services’ section and Click on ‘All Bank Services’
- Next, Click on ‘Enroll for Direct Benefits Trasnfer’ and then Click on ‘Link your Account’
- Upon clicking, there will appear 2 options- ‘Paytm Payments Bank Savings A/C‘ and ‘Replace currently linked Bank Account’. Choose whichever option you want to link
- Click on ‘Proceed’ and tick the ‘terms and conditions’ to link your bank account
- Click on ‘Submit’ to link your bank account amd avail 400+ government schemes benefit
Paytm DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) is a government initiative that aims to provide financial aid and subsidies directly to the bank accounts of eligible beneficiaries. The service is designed to reduce corruption and ensure that the intended recipients receive the benefits they are entitled to. Paytm, a leading digital wallet and payment service in India, offers a platform for users to access the DBT scheme and receive the benefits directly into their Paytm accounts. This allows beneficiaries to easily access and use the funds for their intended purposes, such as purchasing goods and services or transferring money to their bank accounts.
“We have always strived to provide a wholesome banking experience to our users, and direct subsidy transfers would help millions of customers, especially those from the tier 2 & 3 cities”Satish Kumar Gupta, CEO and Managing Director at Paytm Payments Bank
The process of linking a PPBL account does not require a beneficiary to submit a number of documents, but rather only a few taps. Beneficiaries who successfully link their banks can receive funds or benefits directly into their bank accounts via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Unlike other long and time-consuming processes that must be followed in order to take advantage of various government schemes and benefits, Paytm Payments Bank Limited (PPBL) allows users to link their Paytm Payments bank account or other bank accounts with a single click. Paytm’s services are paperless, fast, digital, and smart. To learn more, check out the Paytm app!
Also Read: How to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number?