Are you frustrated with the tedious process of correcting errors in your PAN card? The good news is that you can now make corrections online, quickly and conveniently! The PAN card, or Permanent Account Number card, is an essential document for financial transactions in India, so it’s crucial to ensure that the information on it is accurate. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take you through a step-by-step process to correct errors, update details, and request a reprint of your PAN card. Say goodbye to long queues and endless paperwork- let’s dive into the hassle-free world of online PAN card correction!
How to Do PAN Card Corrections Online?
Below are the easy steps to correct your PAN card details online.
- Visit the official website of TIN-NSDL
- Navigate to the ‘Services’ section and click on ‘PAN’.
- Under the ‘Change/Correction in PAN data’ section, click on ‘Apply’.
- Select the appropriate application type and category.
- Enter your name, title, and other necessary information.
- Tick the box, fill in the captcha code, and submit the form.
- You will receive a token number via email to your registered email address. Click on the button provided to continue.
- Select ‘Submit scanned images’ from the list of options.
- Fill in your mother’s name, father’s name, Aadhaar number, and click ‘Next’ to update your address on a new page.
- Submit all the required documents, sign the declaration, and click the submit button.
- Make the payment on the next page.
- An acknowledgement slip will be generated upon successful submission of all documents and payment. Print it out and send it in an envelope labelled ‘Application for PAN Change’ to the NSDL e-gov office along with the supporting documents and a passport-sized photograph
Note: To update your PAN card within India, you must pay a fee of Rs. 110. For updating a foreign communication address, the fee is Rs. 1,020.
When to Correct PAN Card?
You should correct your PAN card details in the following situations:
- If there is a mistake in your name, date of birth, or any other personal information.
- If there is a change in your personal details such as name, address, or contact information.
- If your PAN card has been lost, stolen or damaged.
- If there is a mismatch in your PAN card information and your other official documents, such as your Aadhaar card or passport.
Also Read: How to Check PAN Card Details Online?
What Are the Documents to be Submitted for PAN Card Correction Online?
To update your existing PAN details, you need to submit a range of documents along with the application form to NSDL. Once the form and documents are submitted, you can visit any nearby PAN Card centre across India. The following documents can serve as proof of identity, address, date of birth, and existing PAN:
- For Indian citizens (and for those located outside India)
|Proof of Identity||Proof of address||Proof of Date of Birth|
|Aadhaar Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India;||Elector’s photo identity card;||Aadhaar card|
|Driving License||Aadhaar Card||Elector’s photo identity card|
|Elector’s photo identity card||Driving License||Driving License|
|Ration card having a photograph of the applicant||Passport of the spouse||Matriculation certificate or Mark sheet of the recognized board;|
|Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking||Post office passbook having the address of the applicant||Birth certificate issued by the municipal authority or any office authorised to issue birth and death certificate by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths or the Indian Consulate as defined in clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (57 of 1955);|
|Arm’s license||Domicile certificate issued by the Government||Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Central Public Sector Undertaking or State Public Sector Undertaking|
|Pensioner card having a photograph of the applicant||Latest property tax assessment order||Domicile certificate issued by the Government|
|Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card||Allotment letter of accommodation issued by the Central Government or State Government of not more than three years old;||Central Government Health Service Scheme photo card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card|
|Certificate of identity in Original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted officer||Property Registration Document, Certificate of address signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted officer, Employer certificate in original||Marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages; orl. Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth|
|Bank certificate in Original on letterhead from the branch(along with name and stamp of the issuing officer) containing a duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant||Electricity Bill, Landline Telephone or Broadband connection bill, Consumer gas connection card, Water Bill, Bank account statement, Depository account statement, Credit card statement (not more than 3 months old)||Pension payment order|
To correct your PAN details, you must submit a copy of the required documents along with the correction form. If none of these documents is available, you may submit:
- A certificate in original signed by a Gazetted officer, Member of Parliament, Member of Legislative Assembly, or Municipal Councillor (in a prescribed format) as identity or address proof.
- A bank certificate in original on letterhead from the bank branch, including the applicant’s name, stamp of the issuing officer, and a duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant (in a prescribed format).
- An employer certificate in original (in a prescribed format).
- For Firm, BOI, AOP, AOP(Trust), Company, Limited Liability Partnership, Local Authority, Artificial Juridical Person
- Having an office in India
|Type of Applicant||Documents to submit|
|Partnership Firm||Copy of certificate of registration issued by Registrar of Firms or Copy of Partnership Deed|
|Company||Copy of certificate of registration issued by Registrar of Companies|
|Association of Person, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, or Artificial Juridical Person||Copy of Agreement or copy of the certificate of registration number issued by charity commissioner or registrar of cooperative society or any other competent authority or any other document originating from any Central or State Government Department establishing identity and address of such person|
|Limited Liability Partnership||Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of LLPs|
|Association of Persons (Trust)||Copy of trust deed or copy of the certificate of registration number issued by Charity Commissioner|
- Having no office in India
|Type of Applicant||Documents to submit|
|Company/Firms/Limited Liability Partnership/AOP (Trusts)/AOP/ BOI/Local Authority/Artificial Juridical Person||Copy of Certificate of Registration issued in the country where the applicant is located, duly attested by “Apostille” (in respect of the countries which are signatories to the Hague Convention of 1961) or by the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate in the country where the applicant is located or authorised officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Banks registered in IndiaCopy of registration certificate issued in India or of approval granted to set up an office in India by Indian Authorities|
- For Individuals and HUFs (Not a citizen of India)
|Proof of Identity|
|Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card, for those who are overseas citizens of India|
|Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card, for individuals of Indian origin|
|Other national or citizenship identification numbers or taxpayer identification numbers, attested by the Indian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate in the country of residence, authorized officials of overseas branches of scheduled banks registered in India or Apostille (for countries that are signatories to the Hague Apostille Convention of 1961) in the prescribed format.|
|Proof of Address|
|Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card issued by the Government of India|
|Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card issued by the Government of India|
|Bank account statement in the country of residence|
|Non-resident External (NRE) bank account statement in India|
|Visa granted & Copy of appointment letter or contract from Indian Company & Certificate (in original) of Indian address issued by the employer|
|Certificate of Residence in India or Residential permit issued by the State Police Authorities|
|Registration certificate issued by the Foreigner’s Registration Office showing Indian address|
|Other national or citizenship Identification Number or Taxpayer Identification Number duly attested by ‘Apostille’ (in respect of the countries which are signatories to the Hague Apostille Convention of 1961) or by the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate in the country where the applicant is located or authorised officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Banks registered in India (in prescribed format)|
Also Read: How to Get a PAN Card in 48 hours?