To apply for a PAN card, an applicant must complete Form 49A (for Indian citizens) or Form 49AA (for Foreign citizens) and submit it to the appropriate authorities, along with the necessary supporting documents and a PAN card fee. Previously, it took around 15-20 working days to issue a PAN card after submitting the PAN card application and completing the documents for verification. The government has now shortened the process and implemented a fast track process, which allows applicants to receive their PAN card within 48 hours or two days of submitting their PAN application.
This blog will walk you through the process of applying for a PAN card in 48 hours, as well as other requirements.
How to Apply for a PAN Card in 48 hours?
Previously, it took 15-20 days to receive a PAN card after submitting a PAN card application. However, with some changes and the implementation of the PAN card fast track process, the applicant can now receive a PAN card in 48 hours or two days. The steps to apply for a PAN card in 48 hours are as follows:
- Visit the official website of NSDL
- Choose the appropriate form, carefully read the guidelines, and then select the type of form (with or without a digital signature certificate)
- Enter the applicant type, complete the form, and submit the supporting documents
- Following submission, the applicant will be given an acknowledgement number that can be used to track the status of the PAN card
- Following verification of the application and documents, the applicant will receive the PAN card at the address provided