A PAN is a 10-digit unique identification number that is assigned to all eligible candidates in the country. A PAN is required when filing IT returns, purchasing a car, jewellery, real estate, or other related assets.
An applicant can apply for a PAN card by visiting the NSDL, UTIITSL official website. These PAN websites make it simple to update a candidate’s information online as needed. An applicant can change their name, address, and reprint their PAN card using the official website.
In this blog, we’ll look at how to change the name on your PAN card online.
How to Change the Name on the PAN Card?
Following are the steps an applicant should follow to change the name on PAN card-
- Visit the given link carefully to change the name on the PAN card- https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Locate the application type and then select ‘changes or corrections in existing PAN Data/Reprint of PAN Card
- Select the ‘Individual’ category and then carefully fill out the applicant information such as title, last name, first name, middle name, date of birth, email ID, and so on
- Enter captcha code and submit the application
- Following the submission of a PAN card application, the applicant will receive a message with a token number
- Next, click on ‘Continue with PAN application form’
- The applicant will be redirected to the online PAN application page to review all of the previously entered information
- Follow the required steps to receive an acknowledgement slip
Acknowledgement slip helps in tracking the status of PAN card
How to Check PAN Card Status by Name?
Following are the steps to be performed to check PAN card status by name-
- Visit the official website of Income Tax
- Locate ‘Verify your PAN’
- Enter PAN number, name, date of birth, mobile number
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Verify the details
- Enter OTP within 15 minutes (OTP remains valid for 15 minutes)
- Your PAN card status will appear on the next screen
In the event that the PAN card details are incorrect or incomplete, the system will not recognise the information and will flag it as an error.