Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique identification number and is an important document to be submitted for a major number of purposes. It is mandatory for every individual of the country to have one to avail several government scheme benefits. It works as a proof of identity and is available in 2 formats- an e-Aadhaar card and a physical Aadhaar card.
e-Aadhaar can be downloaded from the official website of UIDAI whereas a physical Aadhaar card can be obtained by making a visit to the official Aadhaar enrolment centre. Just like the government of India has made it easy for the users to apply for an Aadhaar card digitally, similarly, one can lodge a complaint against it online too.
This blog will explain how to lodge a complaint against the Aadhaar card step by step.
How to Lodge a Complaint Against Aadhaar Online?
A user can lodge a complaint against Aadhaar by following the given steps-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Navigate to ‘Contact & Support’ and click on ‘File a complaint’
- Enter 14-digit Enrolment ID, name, mobile number, email address, PIN number, postal address
- Select type of complaint and category
- Write your concern and enter captcha code
- Click on ‘Submit’
How to Lodge a Complaint Against Aadhaar card through the contact centre?
Another way to lodge a complaint against the Aadhaar card can be done by connecting with the Aadhaar centre. Following are the steps to do the same-
- Visit the official Aadhaar enrolment centre
- Collect the acknowledgement slip that contains the enrolment ID
- Connect with the UIDAI contact centre by calling the toll free number- 1947 to lodge a complaint against the Aadhaar card
How to Lodge a Complaint Against an Aadhaar Card through Email?
UIDAI has introduced an email address to resolve user’s issues, complaints, grievances and complaints against the Aadhaar card. The official email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the complaint is received, it is forwarded to the concerned Regional Office/Concerned Section at H.Q. The concerned R.O/Section at H.Q then reverts to the email under intimation of the grievance cell.
How to Lodge a Complaint Against an Aadhaar Card through Post?
One can lodge a complaint against the Aadhaar card by sending a hard copy or post. The complaints are directly received by the UIDAI headquarters and Regional Officers and are then examined. After examining the complaints, they are forwarded to the concerned ROs/Concerned Section at the Headquarters after the approval given by the Deputy Director. The concerned ROs/Concerned Section reverts to the complaint under intimation to the grievance cell.
- Operator & Enrolment Agencies (Enrolment ID is optional)
- Aadhaar not Generated ( Enrolment ID is mandatory)