Paytm – #Throwback 2015
The end of the year usually calls for some reminiscing, reflecting & introspection. Everyone echoes in how fast the year went by. To say that we’ve had an eventful one, is an understatement. We take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our users and fans for the unending love and support they’ve shown us.
This throwback of sorts, is dedicated to all of you. Your love outgrew us, and we love you right back. Here’s taking a bow:
- Alibaba backs us – Our 2015 started with a bang, Alibaba & Alipay invested in One97 for supporting the growth of mobile payment & mcommerce platform in India.
- Our first ever TVC: A new wave. The new way of life. Paytm. Our first ever TVC went live! ‘Paytm Karo’ became the new hummable song. Addictive to the last note, showcasing every which way that Paytm was being used in real life situations.
- Introducing the trendy, new verb online, #PaytmKaro: There was no doubt in our mind that this would be the new verb on everyone’s tongue. Any and every exchange or transaction of online money would be referred to as – Paytm kiya! A friend lending money to another would say – Paytm kar raha hu. It caught on virally! And the #PaytmKaro chronicles continue… 🙂
- 100 M Paytm Wallets: Milestone of the highest order! This kind of unprecedented growth gave wings to our ambitions and our reach to do and achieve more. Can’t thank our users enough for believing in us and adopting this brand new, easy way of transacting! Paying for food delivery, recharging your mobiles and DTH, paying your bills, didn’t just become easy but became fun too!
- Cashfree Nation: With the reach of more than a 100 M Paytm wallets, we ushered in the era of a cash-free nation. We continue to work towards a nation free of cash, where just one app is used for all financial transactions and every rupee is accounted for.
- Offline Payments Launched: Pizza Hut was the first ever to start accepting Paytm wallet payments at their physical store! And then there was no looking back. From small shop owners to Cafe Coffee Day, Vango and Costa Coffee, everyone opened their doors to adopting Paytm as THE way to accept payments from consumers.
- #RechargeLove: Our V-day campaign for all the love birds out there was a big hit. Some of the poignant moments came from users who shared pics of their Dads and siblings as their Valentine’s partners-in-crime. We loved it! We gave you back the coolest V-day gifts in the form of sketches of the pics you’d shared with us.
- Payments Bank License – This milestone will go a long way in bolstering Paytm’s vision of financial inclusion in India. The license equips us to give interest to our users for keeping money in their wallets and will boost our business model even further by successfully integrating “Buy and Pay”.
- 50k Twitter followers: And so many more to go. But this was one milestone that we celebrated. Waiting for 100k now!
- CSR Efforts: Nepal & Chennai – Team Paytm rose to the occasion to do their bit when the earthquake tore apart Nepal and floods hit Chennai. Nepal received aid in the form of donations on our platform from our users which were met rupee to rupee by us. Chennai was aided in the form of free mobile recharges to & fro Chennai numbers for Rs. 30 each.
- 1 million FB fans: Thank you, a million times over for your love, FB fans!
- 4 year association with India Cricket (BCCI): Everyone in India loves cricket and so do we! We became the official title sponsors for all the national/international matches to be held in India till 2019. Chalo #PaytmSeStadium is how we kickstarted this awesome sponsorship – one lucky shopper got to receive their item from an Indian cricketer, in every match!
- Mumbai Metro Tie Up: For the Mumbaikars, who travel by Mumbai Metro daily, we made metro card recharges easy. We got them to say goodbye to queues, now they can recharge their metro cards straight from their Paytm Wallets.
- New Categories Introduced: Education, Insurance, Hotel Booking – Making life easier for all, one transaction at a time 🙂
- 2 hour express delivery of smartphones – We collaborated with The Mobile Store to deliver your brand new smartphones to you within two hours of placing your order with us, proving that we’re all about the speed! 🙂
- Tie up with IRCTC for e-catering Payments – We just made your train journey more enjoyable. Now, you can book your train meal via Paytm. Read in detail here
- Official partner for Mumbai Indians in the IPL: Privilege and honour for us, and so much fun we had with this one! The contests, the tickets and cashback giveaways, the excitement of the matches, receiving pics from all the winners of themselves enjoying the matches live at Wankhede Stadium! The icing on the cake – when Mumbai Indians won the cup!
- NDTV channel partnership: We recently entered into a first of it’s kind channel partnership with NDTV, one of the most reputed News channels in India.
— Paytm (@Paytm) December 15, 2015
- Dilwale offer – For our love of Bollywood. We introduced the promo code DILWALE for our users, where they can recharge Mobile/DTH for Rs 500 & get Rs 100 cashback!
Standing at the brink of bidding adieu to a fantastic 2015, we take a page out of Robert Frost’s book:
“But we have promises to keep, and miles to go before we sleep”
Cheers to a brighter, more awesome 2016! Happy New Year all of you!