An Aadhaar enrolment certificate is a document that is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) when you enrol for an Aadhaar card. The certificate contains basic information about your enrolment, such as your enrolment ID, the date and time of your enrolment, and the name and address of the enrolment centre where you applied for your Aadhaar card.
The Aadhaar enrolment certificate is not the same as your actual Aadhaar card. It is simply a proof that you have successfully enrolled for an Aadhaar card and that your enrolment is being processed. Once your enrolment is complete and your Aadhaar card is ready, you will receive a separate notification from the UIDAI with instructions on how to download or receive your card.
In this blog, we will go over how to download Aadhaar enrolment certificate online, as well as a few other things you should be aware of.
What is Certificate for Aadhaar Enrolment?
A certificate for Aadhaar enrolment is a document that confirms that an individual has successfully enrolled for an Aadhaar card, which is the Indian government’s unique identification number for citizens. The certificate for Aadhaar enrolment contains the enrolment number, name, address, date of birth, and user’s UID or URN number obtained from the UIDAI’s official website.
The certificate for Aadhaar enrolment is an important document that individuals can use to track the status of their Aadhaar card or to prove their enrolment in case of any issues or disputes. It is also useful for individuals who need to enrol for an Aadhaar card but do not have any other form of identification.
How to Download Aadhaar Enrolment Certificate from the UIDAI Website?
The steps to download the certificate for Aadhaar enrolment are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Navigate to ‘My Aadhaar’, locate ‘Downloads’ and click on ‘List of Supporting Documents’
- Upon clicking, a new screen will appear with important documents to be submitted and a certificate for Aadhaar enrolment
- Take the printout of the form
- Fill the form carefully and submit it to the Gazetted Officer- Group A, Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya, Tehsildar, Gazetted Officer- Group B, EPFO Officer, etc.
Steps to Download Certificate Aadhaar Enrolment from mAadhaar App
The process to download the Aadhaar enrolment certificate from the mAadhaar application is similar to that of the UIDAI website. However, the device and platform used to carry out the required steps differ. The steps to download an Aadhaar enrollment certificate from the mAadhaar application are as follows:
- Login to the mAadhaar application
- Click on ‘More’ option on the home screen menu
- Click on ‘List of Supporting Documents’ and download the certificate for Aadhaar enrolment form
- Take the printout of the form and get it approved by the authorized personnel
Overview of Certificate for Aadhaar Enrolment Update Form PDF to Download
|Form type||Aadhaar card|
|Name of the form||Certificate for Aadhaar enrolment/update form PDF download|
|Issuing authority||Central Government|
|Type||PDF (Download Aadhaar Enrolment PDF)|
|Uses||Having an Aadhaar card is necessary to complete transactions or processes that require it|
|Who can have it||Indian Citizens|
Required Details to be Mentioned in the Certificate for Aadhaar Enrolment Update Form
The Aadhaar enrolment update form, also known as the “Correction Form,” is used to update or correct information that has already been provided during the original enrolment process for an Aadhaar card.
The certificate that is required to be attached with the update form will vary depending on the type of information being updated or corrected. However, some common details that may be required on the certificate include:
- The full name of the individual, as it appears on the original enrolment form
- The individual’s 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Pre-enrolment ID
- Individual’s personal details and address
- The type of correction or update being made (e.g. change of address, name, date of birth, etc.)
- The updated or corrected information, as applicable
- The date on which the correction or update was made
- The name and signature of the certifying authority, along with their official stamp or seal
It is important to note that the certifying authority may vary depending on the type of correction or update being made. For example, the certifying authority for a change of address may be a government official or employer, while the certifying authority for a change of name may be a notary public or gazetted officer. It is always best to check with your service provider or the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) for specific requirements.
Things to Note while Filling Certificate for Aadhaar Enrolment
There are numerous factors to consider in order to avoid delays in the Aadhaar enrolment certificate process:
- All information must be typed in block letters. For example, the applicant’s name should be entered as ‘MUKUND’ rather than ‘Mukund’
- The Aadhaar enrollment certificate should be printed on a plain A4 sheet
- It is not required to print the Aadhaar enrollment certificate on letterhead
- The Aadhaar enrollment certificate is valid for three months from the date of issue
- Resident’s signature or thumb impression is mandatory
- A recent 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm colored photograph should be pasted within the provided area
- Cross sign and cross stamp must be done on the resident’s photograph
- Certifier’s details should be completely filled
- The applicant can get the Aadhaar enrolment certificate verified from the following people: Gazetted Officer-Group A, Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya, MP/MLA/MLC/Municipal Councilor, Gazetted Officer-Group B, Tehsildar, Head of Recognized Educational Institution, EPFO Officer, Superintendent/Warden/Matron/Head of Institution of Recognized shelter homes/Orphanages