Aadhaar card is a mandatory document for each and every citizen of the country. It serves as proof of identity and entitles the bearer to a variety of benefits. An Aadhaar card is a vital document that must be submitted for a variety of reasons, including opening a bank account, filing income tax returns, receiving subsidies, etc.
This blog will explain how to apply for an Aadhaar card online, as well as the documents that must be submitted along with the application in detail.
How to Apply for an Aadhaar card online in 2023?
Following are the steps to apply for an Aadhaar card online-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Navigate to ‘Get Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Locate an Enrolment Center’ under the section ‘My Aadhaar’
- You will be redirected to a new page with the following options displayed on the screen: State, ZIP Code, and Search Box
- Click on any option, fill the form, enter captcha code and locate a centre
- Visit the Aadhaar enrolment center with all the supporting documents published on the UIDAI website
- Fill out the enrollment form and provide the Aadhaar official with your biometric information, such as an iris scan, fingerprints, and other personal information
- Collect your acknowledgement slip after submitting the Aadhaar enrolment form
Points to be Noted for Aadhaar Card Online Registration
- Baal Aadhaar card is for children below 5 years of age
- Biometrics of children below the age of 5 are not required
- Any parent of a child under the age of 5 must submit his or her Aadhaar number
- It is important to carry original copies of supporting documents. The originals will be scanned and returned to the applicant later
- Do not forget to collect your acknowledgement slip. It includes an enrolment ID, which is required to check the Aadhaar card status online
- Always double-check your Aadhaar enrolment form before submitting it to the official
How to Book an Online Appointment for Aadhaar Enrolment?
It is now simple to book an online appointment to apply for an Aadhaar card. Booking an appointment with a nearby Aadhaar enrolment centre saves both time and effort. Follow the steps outlined below to book an online appointment:
- Visit UIDAI official website
- Click on ‘Book an appointment’ under the section ‘My Aadhaar’
- Select the location and click on ‘Proceed to book appointment’
- Next, you will be redirected to another page with given options- Aadhaar update, New Aadhaar, Manage Appointments
- Select new Aadhaar, enter mobile number and captcha code
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’ to get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Submit the OTP to book your appointment
Aadhaar document list to Submit for Aadhaar Application
To submit your Aadhaar application, you must carry your original documents to the Aadhaar enrolment center. After enrollment, these original documents will be scanned and handed over to the applicant. The following is Aadhaar document list that an applicant must bring:
|Proof of Identity||PAN Card, Passport, PDS/Ration card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Kisan Photo Passbook, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGA Job Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, CGHS/ECHS Photo Card, Certificate of Identity with a photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on Letterhead, Address Card with Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts|
|Proof of Address||Ration Card, Passport, Bank Statement/Passbook, Voter ID, Post Office Account Statement/Passbook, Government Photo ID Cards/Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Driving License, Water Bill, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Property Tax Receipt, Credit Card Statement, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months old), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter with a Photo from Bank on Letterhead, Signed Letter with a Photo issued by Registered Company on Letterhead, Signed Letter with a Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on Letterhead, Arms License, NREGA Job Card, Kisan Passbook, Freedom Fighter Card, Pensioner Card, CGHS/ECHS Card, Certificate of Address with a Photo issued by MLA, MP or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on Letterhead, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Address Card with a Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat Head or any other equivalent authority, Lease/Rent Agreement/Registered Sale, Address Card with a Photo issued by Department of Posts, Disability ID Card/Handicapped Medical Certificate issued by respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Caste and Domicile Certificate with a Photo issued by State Government, Passport of Spouse, Parents Passports (in case of Minor)|
|Proof of Birth||Birth Certificate issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on Letterhead, SSLC Book/Certificate/ Passport|