The FASTag facility is a cashless model wherein the toll tax amount is collected digitally at toll plazas across the country. The NHAI collects them automatically through FASTag, using the RFID technology, which does not require stopping the vehicle at the toll booth. FASTag helps in the automatic detection of the four-wheelers when they approach the toll plaza/booth.
The FASTag is linked to the user’s prepaid account, which is a Paytm wallet, and is then fixed to the windscreen of his/her vehicle. As the user passes through the toll gate, FASATag helps in an automatic deduction of the toll tax. It debits the toll tax amount from the user’s Paytm wallet which is linked to the FASTag.
Paytm makes it easier for travelers to use the FASTag facility as it eliminates the need to recharge the FASTag. So, a user does not need to recharge his/her FASTag if it is linked to the Paytm wallet. The user simply needs to add money to his/her Paytm wallet and the tax amount will automatically be deducted from the Paytm wallet as and when the user passes the toll gate. This makes interstate traveling further easier.
Even if you don’t use the Paytm FASTag, you can recharge any other FASTag service on the Paytm application easily. Explained below are the steps to recharge your FASTag on the Paytm app if it has been issued by any other bank-
How to do FASTag Recharge on Paytm – Steps To Follow
Log in to your Paytm account and follow the below steps to recharge FASTag Recharge-
- Go to the ‘Recharge & Bill Payments’ section on your Paytm application (You might have to click on ‘View more’ option in this section
- On this screen, scroll down to the ‘Transit’ section and click on ‘FASTag Recharge’
- Now, select your FASTag issuer bank from the list of options that follow
- Enter your Vehicle Number and click on ‘Proceed’
- Once you enter the vehicle number, you need to enter the amount you wish to recharge your FASTag for and ‘Proceed’
- Now, ‘Select an option to pay’ out of Paytm Wallet Balance, UPI, Net Banking, or Debit/Credit Cards and make the payment
In a few simple steps, you can recharge the FASTag for your vehicle. Upon successful recharge, you will receive a notification of the payment made. You can now travel freely, without worries of stopping by at every toll booth. However, having a Paytm FASTag will keep you away from the hassle of recharging your FASTag every now and then. So, it is better to switch to the Paytm FASTag and make your travel further easier!