Paytm accepts a wide range of cards (both credit and debit) to make the payment process easy and convenient for its users. You can use the cards of Visa, Master, Rupay, Amex, and Diners to make payments on the Paytm application. Additionally, you can also add money to your Paytm Wallet using these cards and save the card details to make easy and quick payments in the future.
Steps to Add Credit/Debit Card to Paytm Account
- Open the Paytm mobile application and go to your profile section by clicking on your profile picture on the top left corner of the main screen
- The left sidebar that opens, will display various options for you to choose from. To add a credit/debit card to your Paytm account, click on the ‘Payment Settings’ option
- Next, click on the ‘Saved Cards’ option
- On the next screen that opens, you will be able to see a list of your added cards. Beneath those card details, click on the option to ‘Add New Card’
- Next, you will be notified that Paytm will deduct Re. 1 from your new card to be added. This is done to authenticate your card details. Note that the debited Re. 1 will be refunded to your credit/debit card within the next 48 hours. Now, click on ‘Proceed’
- The next screen will ask you to add your desired card details. Ensure to tick mark the option to ‘Save this card for future payments’
- Go ahead by confirming the payment of Rs. 2 from your new credit/debit card
- Once the payment is done and your details are verified, your new card will successfully be added to your Paytm account
Saving your credit/debit cards on the Paytm app prevents you from the pain of entering your card details such as card number, expiry date of the card, etc. each time you make a payment. Hence, it is recommended that you save the card details for future use to make quick payments.
It must be noted that the Paytm application is highly encrypted and your card details are safe. To ensure further safety, Paytm does not save your CVV number and you will be asked to enter it every time you make a payment on the Paytm app.