HP Gas: Cylinder, New Connection, Price and Booking
HP Gas, the LPG brand of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited is one of the largest LPG gas providers in India. They provide cooking gas to billions of customers across the country with a total capacity of 5582 thousand metric tonnes per annum. No wonder that every other household is getting their cooking gas from HP.
If you are looking to get a new HP gas connection then this blog will take you through everything that you need to know about a new HP Gas connection. From service charges to LPG gas price to applying for a new connection or booking an HP Gas cylinder online, this blog explains everything in detail.
Service Charges for a New HP Gas Connection
There are a few service charges applicable to you when you apply for a new HP Gas connection. The service charges are given as below:
|Refundable deposit for a cylinder||INR 1450|
|Refundable deposit for a cylinder (in union territories and North Eastern states)||INR 1150 (per cylinder)|
|Refundable deposit for a regulator||INR 150|
LPG Gas Prices in Various Cities of India
Here is a list of the LPG prices for domestic cooking gas cylinders in different states of India.
|New Delhi||INR 884.50|
How to Apply for a New HP Gas Connection Online?
It is very easy to apply for a new HP Gas connection online as it only takes a very short time and little effort. Follow these simple steps to apply for a new HP Gas connection online:
- Go to HP Gas’ official website
- Click on ‘Register for LPG Connection’
- Select the Type of Connection as ‘Regular LPG Connection’
- Select your ‘State’ and ‘District’
- Click on ‘Show List’ to check all the Bharat Gas distributors in your district
- Select the distributor in your area and click on ‘Continue’
- Fill the form and enter your details, followed by uploading the documents
- Accept the declaration and click on ‘Submit’
It is this easy to apply for a new HP Gas connection online as you don’t even need to rush to the nearest distributing agency. Just a few clicks on the HP Gas’ official website and you will be done.
Documents Required to Apply for a New HP Gas Connection
You will be required to submit identification proof and address when you are applying for a new HP Gas connection. Here is a list of documents that will be required as identity and address proof:
For identity proof:
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- ID card issued by State or Central Government
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
For address proof:
- Aadhar Card
- Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Driving License
- Flat Allotment Paper
- House Registration Document
- Lease Agreement
- LIC Policy
- Ration Card
- Self-Declaration Attested by a Gazetted Officer
- Utility Bill (phone, electricity or water bill)
- Voter ID Card
How to Book an HP Gas Cylinder Online?
It is very simple to book an HP Gas cylinder online. Many online platforms allow you to book an HP gas cylinder and one of those platforms is Paytm. Here is how you can book an HP gas cylinder on Paytm:
- Open Paytm mobile application on your phone
- Click on ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’
- Click on ‘Book Gas Cylinder’
- Select ‘HP Gas’ as your Gas Provider
- Enter your Consumer Number or 17-digit LPG ID or your Registered Mobile Number
- Click on ‘Proceed’
- Pay the HP gas booking amount. You can pay from Debit Card, Credit Card, Paytm Wallet and UPI
And with just that, your HP Gas cylinder will be booked online. Note that, there are no additional charges from Paytm for HP gas booking online.
Effect of GST Rule on Domestic Cooking Gas
GST or Goods and Services Tax was introduced in our country in 2017 and the prices of many things have been affected, both reduced or increased since then. Your cooking gas also comes under GST as you have to pay 5% GST on your cooking gas for the first 12 subsidized cylinders and 18% GST after that on the non-subsidized cylinders.
Many states in India were not taxing on cooking gas before GST was introduced, therefore cooking gas was tax-free in those states. Now with the introduction of GST, cooking gas is taxed even in those states.
Applying for a new HP Gas connection has become very easy as you can do it online at your home or from anywhere you are. All it takes is a little of your time and effort. There are several service charges that you need to pay for your HP Gas connection whenever you apply for a new one. Moreover, GST also affects the gas price you have to pay for refilling your cylinder bottle.
Not just that you can apply for a new HP Gas connection online but you can also book an HP Gas cylinder online on Paytm by following a few simple steps. There are no additional charges for booking an HP Gas cylinder online on Paytm.