TSSPDCL is one of the leading power distribution companies headquartered in Hyderabad. With an aim to provide electricity to the remotest areas of Telangana’s southern region, the company focuses on offering excellent customer services through cutting-edge initiatives. In this article, we’ll learn all about TSSPDCL, the services they provide, and how to pay the electricity bills without any hassle.
Table of Content
- About TSSPDCL
- Services Offered by TSSPDCL
- Documents Needed to Apply for a New Electricity Connection
- Procedure of TSSPDCL Online Application for New Electricity Connection
- Procedure for TSSPDCL Bill Check
- Methods for TSSPDCL Electricity Bill Payments
- Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited: Contact Details
Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited (TSSPDCL), which was founded on 2nd June 2014, seeks to provide southern Telangana with a high-quality power supply at competitive pricing. It is an established company that works under the direction of the Telangana government.
The company provides services to 15 districts namely Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Narayanpet, YadadriBhuvanagiri, Suryapet, Vikarabad, Siddipet, Wanaparthy, SangaReddy, Nagarkarnool, Hyderabad, Jogulamba Gadwal, Medak, Medchal, and Rangareddy, meeting the electricity needs of nearly 9.2 million customers.
The company sources energy from diverse channels to enhance the state’s power grid and has established collaborations with e-Seva centers for convenient offline and online bill payments. Additionally, users can now apply for new electrical connections through the company’s official website. TSSPDCL has implemented various innovative measures to improve the power supply quality, which include:
- Electronic Spot Billing
- Web-Enabled Customer Service Centres
- EBS (Energy Billing System), MATS (Monitoring and Tracking System), CAT
- Vidyut Sadassus, Sub-station wise Meeting
With 1,605 units of 33/11 KV substations, 3,102 power transformers, 1,220 units of 33 KV feeders, 7,263 units of 11 KV feeders, and nearly 4,22,003 distribution transformers of various capacities in its operational area, TSSPDCL has a sizable infrastructural facility. This has aided in their electrification of 6,489 villages, 2,059 tribal hamlets, 5,600 general hamlets, 12,105 Dalit wadas, and 5,806 colonies of the weaker sections.
Services Offered by TSSPDCL
With its all-inclusive approach, TSSPDCL provides a variety of services for its customers. Let us have a glimpse of the services TSSPDCL offers.
- Registration for New Electricity Connection
TSSPDCL provides customers with a simple application process for a new power connection. The official website offers the option to sign up for a new service, whether it is for residential or commercial purposes.
- Check and Track the Status of Application
Customers who want to verify or track the status of their applications can do so by visiting the official website of TSSPDCL online. You can get to know the recent status of the application and if the application is approved or not.
- Pay Electricity Bills Online and Offline
There are two ways by which you can pay your electricity bills. Either you can access the official website of TSSPDCL and pay through the online method, or you can go to the TSSPDCL office that is closest to you.
- Customer Service Care for Complaints and Suggestions
If you have any grievances or want to put forward any suggestions, you can do so by contacting or visiting the nearest Customer Services Centres (CSC)/Integrated Customer Service Centres (ICSC)/concerned offices. TSSPDCL believes in providing customer satisfaction and, therefore, promptly responds to client complaints. Their specialised complaint portal helps you to file concerns or complaints about power.
- Mobile Number Updation
Customers can easily get crucial information and be updated about their electric power accounts by updating their registered cell phone numbers on the official TSSPDCL online website.
- Changing the Ownership of Electricity Connection
Now, the procedure of altering the title of ownership of an energy service connection has been made simpler by Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited. A streamlined process for changing the title of ownership of an energy service connection is available to LT Category-I (Domestic users) and LT Category-II (Non-Domestic Consumers) electricity users, as stated by TSSPDCL. The documents that the applicant needs to have to change the ownership include
- A self-attested copy of ID proof
- Indemnity Bond in the given format on non-judicial stamp paper costing Rs 100, affixed with a passport-size photograph.
- A self-attested copy of a registered sale deed/ will deed/ partnership deed or any other registered document of ownership in the name of the individual who has applied.
Documents Needed to Apply for a New Electricity Connection
LT (Low Tension) Services for Domestic Usage
- Passbook or Patta document (only for clients in the agriculture sector)
- Ownership documents of a property
- Current passport-size photographs (2)
- MRO certificate (only applicable to SC/ST clients)
- Proof of Identity, such as a driver’s licence, PAN card, passport, Aadhaar, and voter ID card.
HT (High Tension) Services for Industrial Usage
- CEIG approval, if obligatory
- Articles of association and a partnership deed or memorandum of understanding.
- Ownership papers of a property
Procedure of TSSPDCL Online Application for New Electricity Connection
If you want a new electricity connection in your home, you can fill in the application on TSSPDCL’s official website. Additionally, individuals can submit the application by visiting the nearest TSSPDCL office. Individuals can download the application form from the website and gather all the necessary documents to apply at the office.
- Visit https://www.tssouthernpower.com/, the official website of Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited.
- Select the “New Service Connection” option from the dashboard.
- When registering for a new service, you will find many alternatives on the webpage. Choose the one that fits your requirements.
- Complete the necessary fields. For OTP verification, your email address and contact number will be required.
Procedure for TSSPDCL Bill Check
TSSPDCL also gives an option to its consumers to check their electricity bill details. They can track their application by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to https://www.tssouthernpower.com/, the TSSPDCL official website.
- You’ll see a menu bar on the top. Select the “Consumer Services” option.
- Under the “Online Services” bar, choose “Bill Enquiry LT” or “Bill Enquiry HT,” according to your requirements.
- Fill up the field with your Unique Service Number. You’ll get the specifics of your TSSPDCL bill by clicking “Submit”.
Also Read: How to Check Electricity Bill Amount Online
Methods for TSSPDCL Electricity Bill Payments
Offline Procedure for TSSPDCL Electricity Bill Payment
The process for paying the electricity bill at TSSPDCL is very straightforward. All you have to do is visit the TSSPDCL office nearest to your home with your Telangana power bill. Demand drafts, cheques, debit cards, and credit cards are all acceptable payment methods.
Online Procedure for TSSPDCL Electricity Bill Payment
Telangana Electricity Bill Payment through Official Website
- Go to https://www.tssouthernpower.com/, the TSSPDCL official website.
- Select the “Consumer Services” option from the main menu tab.
- On clicking the “Online Services” bar, choose the “Pay your Bill” option, and it will direct you to a new page.
- The gateway will ask you to provide the necessary information. Fill in the details.
- Type your “Unique Service Number” in the appropriate field. Once finished, press “Submit”.
- A new window will open, which will display your Telangana power bill.
- You will see a number of platforms for payment, including BillDesk, Paytm, T-Wallet, and Amazon Pay. Choose your payment preference.
- An OTP will be generated on the registered mobile number if you have chosen to pay from your debit card/credit card. Fill in the OTP to complete your transaction.
- After the successful transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
Telangana Electricity Bill Payment through the TSSPDCL App
- Download the TSSPDCL mobile app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- For TSSPDCL login, enter the Unique Service Number, email ID, and mobile number to sign up. After filling in the details, select the “Pay Your Power Bill” option.
- The screen will display your bill’s details.
- Choose the desired payment method.
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- To complete the Telangana power bill payment process, provide the OTP.
Telangana Electricity Bill Payment through Bill Desk
- Visit the TSSPDCL website.
- Select the “Consumer Services” option from the menu.
- Under the “Online Services” bar, select the “Pay Your Bill” tab.
- You’ll be directed to the new page; select the “Bill Desk” option on the following page.
- Provide your Unique Service Number and email ID.
- Hit the “Make Payment” button after filling in the details.
- The screen will display all the information about your bill.
- To complete the transaction, choose your preferred payment method.
Telangana Electricity Bill Payment through Paytm
- Open Paytm app on your device
- Navigate to “Recharge & Bill Payments” menu and choose the “Electricity Bills” option.
- Select the state “Telangana” from the options provided. For the power board, select “Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited”.
- Fill in the ‘K’ number or unique service number and hit the “Proceed” button.
- To complete the payment process, enter your PIN to complete the payment.
Also Read: Telangana Electricity Bill Payment
Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited: Contact Details
Corporate Office Address: # 6-1-50, Mint Compound, Hyderabad – 500063, Telangana, India
TSSPDCL Customer Care Email-Id: [email protected]
TSSPDCL Complaint Phone Number: 1912
Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Ltd (TSSPDCL), with a customer-oriented approach, provides electricity to nearly 9.2 customers and is a reliable electricity supplier in Telangana. Covering 15 districts and disadvantaged communities, TSSPDCL’s goal is to provide electricity supply at affordable prices. The portal is very convenient to use and offers a variety of services like applying for a new electricity connection, checking the status of the application, paying the electricity bills, grievance redressal and many more.