UIDAI issues an Aadhaar card, which is a 12-digit unique identification number, to every individual in the country. It is created using the user’s biometric and demographic information. It is one of the most important documents that must be submitted for a variety of purposes and to be eligible for government schemes and benefits.
Every individual must have an Aadhaar card. As a result, it is issued to everyone, whether a child under the age of five or a senior citizen over the age of sixty. In this blog, we will explain what a Baal Aadhaar card is and how to easily do baal Aadhaar card online registration.
What is a Baal Aadhaar card?
A Baal Aadhaar card or Aadhaar card for baby is issued to a child under the age of five. A Baal Aadhaar card, unlike a regular Aadhaar card, is blue in colour. It is free and can be obtained by visiting an official Aadhaar enrolment centre. It can also be understood as:
- A Baal Aadhaar card is meant for children below the age of 5 years
- There is no need to submit a child’s biometric information in order to obtain the Baal Aadhaar Card
- A photograph of the child and a birth certificate are required for the Baal Aadhaar card
- It is mandatory for the parents of a child to submit one of their Aadhaar cards for the Baal Aadhaar card
- A child’s biometric information will be taken only after he/she turns 5 years of age
- When a child reaches the age of 15, he or she must submit his or her documents and, if necessary, update his or her biometric information
- If the child’s biometric data does not match, biometric data can be updated at a later stage
How to Apply for a Baal Aadhaar Card for Children below the Age of 5 Years?
The application process to apply Aadhaar card for baby is similar to that for a regular Aadhaar card. To apply for a Baal Aadhaar card, a child’s parents must follow the steps outlined below:
- Find the nearest enrolment centre online and visit it to apply Aadhaar card for baby
- Fill out the Aadhaar enrolment form at the enrolment centre
- Submit valid documents to the executive, as well as one of the parent’s Aadhaar card details
- Following the submission of the Aadhaar enrolment form and required documents, the executive will provide an acknowledgement slip that can be used to track the status of the Aadhaar card
**It takes about 90 days to receive a Baal Aadhaar card
*A Baal Aadhaar card is for children under the age of 5
How to Apply for an Aadhaar Card for Child above 5 years of age?
Enrolling for a Baal Aadhaar card for a child over the age of five differs from enrolling for a Baal Aadhaar card for a child under the age of five. The steps to enrol for an Aadhaar card for children over the age of five are as follows:
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar enrolment form and submit the required documents
- Following the submission of all required documents and the Aadhaar enrolment form, the executive will collect the children’s biometric information
- The Aadhaar executive will hand over the acknowledgement slip once the Aadhaar enrolment formalities have been completed
- The acknowledgement slip can be used to track the status of an Aadhaar card