If you’re someone who has recently moved to a new address and needs to update their Aadhaar card, there’s good news. You can now request an Aadhaar address validation letter to update your new address. In this comprehensive guide, we will show you exactly how to do that so you can quickly and easily update your Aadhaar card information.
What is an Aadhaar Address Validation Letter?
An Aadhaar address validation letter is an integral document requested by a person when his residential address changes while moving from one place to another. This letter is issued by UIDAI once they verify the new address of the applicant.
The receiver of this letter is generally the address verifier, a person who is either a relative, landlord or a friend of the applicant. The verifier gives his/her consent to their address for a successful update of the applicant’s address. The whole process takes around 30 days to complete from the date of the submission of the application.
Eligibility Criteria for Aadhaar Address Validation
To be eligible to raise a request for an Aadhaar address validation letter, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- You must have an Aadhaar card;
- Your phone number should be linked to your Aadhaar number;
- You should have access to the Aadhaar-registered mobile number.
Prerequisites for Address Validation Letter
You need the following documents to raise a request for an Aadhaar address validation letter:
- Applicant’s Aadhaar card
- Verifier’s (the one who can validate the new address of the resident; a witness) Aadhaar card
- Your new/updated address which needs verification
No detailed information is available for these pointers
Steps to Follow to Request for Aadhaar Address Validation Letter
Now that you know the eligibility and requirements, it’s time to go through the steps to request for address validation letter through the Aadhaar card.
Stage 1: Processing the Request
- Visit the official website of UIDAI (https://uidai.gov.in/)
- Under the “update Aadhaar” section, click on the “request for address validation letter” option
- Enter your verifier’s Aadhaar details and click “submit”
Stage 2: Obtaining Verifier’s Consent
- Your verifier will get a link for the consent of the update through SMS.
- Upon clicking the link, the verifier will get a new SMS with the OTP for verification.
- Fill in the OTP and captcha code to complete the verification process and click “submit.”
- Post submission, you will receive a Service Request Number (SRN).
Stage 3: Finalising the Confirmation for Verifier’s Consent
- Sign in with the 28-digit SRN.
- Preview the address details.
- If necessary, change the language as per your preference.
- Click “submit”.
Stage 4: Receiving the Letter
- Your verifier will receive the address verification letter along with the secret code via post within 30 days from the date of application.
- Visit the SSUP (Self Service Update Portal) and hit the “proceed to update address” link.
- Choose the “update address via secret code” option and enter the code.
- Review your address and click “submit.”
- Take note of the URN (Update Request Number) displayed on your screen.
Updating the address on your Aadhaar card is important, and raising a request for an Aadhaar address validation letter is an easy and convenient way to do so. Follow the steps given above to raise a request and ensure that your Aadhaar card is with you to begin the process. The mobile number registered with Aadhaar must be active and accessible, as the secret code will be sent to that particular number. You need not visit any offline centres or banks for this procedure. Online registration and at-home postal servicing make it highly convenient and straightforward.