The UIDAI issues the Aadhaar card to all citizens of India as a mandatory document to prove their identity. It contains the user’s biometric information, a photograph, and other details. While most information on the Aadhaar card can be updated online, changing the photo requires a visit to an official Aadhaar center.
To change the photo on your Aadhaar card, follow the steps provided in this blog. Additionally, this blog will also cover important information on how to download the updated Aadhaar card and other related information. Keep reading to learn how to update the photo on your Aadhaar card.
How to Change Photo in Aadhaar Card?
Follow these instructions carefully for Aadhaar card photo change:
- Download the Aadhaar enrolment form from the UIDAI website and fill it with all the necessary details.
- Visit an Aadhaar Sewa Kendra and submit the Aadhaar enrolment form to an Aadhaar executive.
- Provide your biometric information along with the Aadhaar enrolment form.
- The Aadhaar executive will take your photograph.
- Pay a fee of Rs. 100 to the Aadhaar executive for updating all of your details.
- Once you have submitted all the necessary documents, you will receive an acknowledgement slip that includes the URN.
- The URN number can be used to track the status of Aadhaar card
- Users can locate the Aadhaar enrolment center online
How to Download the Updated Aadhaar Card Online?
The following are the steps to download the updated Aadhaar card online:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Navigate to the ‘My Aadhaar’ section and click on ‘Download Aadhaar’
- Enter the Aadhaar number or enrolment number or virtual ID, enter the security code and click on ‘Send OTP’
- Now enter the OTP which is sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number
- Complete the ‘Take a Quick Survey’ and click on ‘Verify and Download’ the e-Aadhaar card online.
Aadhaar Card Photo Update: Important Points
Listed below are a few things to consider to change photo in Aadhaar card:
- There are no documents required to change photo in Aadhaar card
- A photo on an Aadhaar card cannot be changed online. Aadhaar executive present at the Aadhaar Sewa Kendra will take the user’s photograph and update the Aadhaar card on the spot.
- It may take up to 90 days to update the information on the Aadhaar card
- The URN number can be used to check the status of an Aadhaar update online