Lost or damaged Aadhaar card? Don’t worry, getting a duplicate Aadhaar card is a straightforward process that ensures you can regain access to your essential identification document. Whether you misplaced your original card or it was damaged beyond use, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) provides a convenient method to obtain a duplicate Aadhaar card.
In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process, both online and offline, to help you learn how to get a duplicate Aadhaar card hassle-free. Let’s explore the necessary steps and requirements to ensure you can swiftly obtain a replacement for your lost or damaged Aadhaar card.”
How to Apply for a Duplicate Aadhaar Card Online?
To apply for a duplicate Aadhaar card, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- On the UIDAI website, look for the “Aadhaar Services” section. It may be found in the main menu or under a drop-down menu.
- Look for the option “Retrieve Lost UID/EID”. This will take you to the page where you can request a duplicate Aadhaar card.
- On the “Retrieve Lost UID/EID” page, select the option that applies to you. You can choose either “Aadhaar Number (UID)” or “Enrollment Number (EID)” depending on what information you have available.
- Enter the necessary information, such as your full name, registered mobile number or email address, and the security code displayed on the page. Provide any additional details requested, such as your registered address or date of birth.
- After filling in the details, click on “Send OTP”. You will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number or email address. Enter the OTP in the designated field on the webpage.
- Once you enter the OTP, enter the ‘Captcha Code’ and click on ‘Submit’
- After the OTP verification, you will receive your Aadhaar number (UID) on your registered mobile number or email address, depending on the option you chose earlier. A confirmation message will also appear on the screen
Note: With your retrieved Aadhaar number or enrolment ID, you have the option to obtain a duplicate Aadhaar card by visiting the UIDAI Portal.
Also Read: How to Apply for Aadhaar Card Online?
How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar PVC Card Online?
- Login to the official UIDAI website to initiate the Aadhaar PVC card application process.
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ and choose the ‘Order Aadhaar PVC card’ option.
- Provide your Aadhaar number/Enrolment ID or Virtual ID, along with the security code.
- Request and enter the OTP received for verification.
- Review your Aadhaar details and proceed to make payment for the PVC card.
- Upon payment completion, download the receipt and note the Service Request Number for tracking.
- Expect delivery of your Aadhaar PVC card within approximately 5-15 working days.
How to Get a Duplicate Aadhaar Card Offline Through a Phone?
The offline process to get a duplicate Aadhaar card through phone involves the following:
- Dial UIDAI’s toll-free numbers 1800-180-1947 or 1947
- Choose the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) option to connect with an Aadhaar representative
- Clearly explain your need for a duplicate Aadhaar card to the representative during the call.
- The representative will conduct identity verification by asking specific questions; provide accurate responses.
- Once verified, the representative will proceed to approve and initiate the issuance of your new Aadhaar card. Upon successfully completing these steps, your duplicate Aadhaar card will be sent to your specified address via speed post.
How to Get a Duplicate Aadhaar Card Through Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
- Go to the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction form with accurate details.
- Hand in the form and make a request to the Aadhaar Registrar or Executive for a duplicate card, providing the correct Aadhaar number.
- If your Aadhaar number is unknown, your identity will be verified using biometrics.
- Once verification is successful, your request will undergo processing. Following this, your new Aadhaar card will be delivered to your home address.
Also Read: Aadhaar Card Update Online or Offline
In conclusion, obtaining a duplicate Aadhaar card is a relatively simple process, whether you choose the online or offline route. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has established user-friendly methods to assist individuals who have lost or damaged their Aadhaar card. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can navigate the process smoothly and efficiently. Remember to gather the necessary documents, follow the instructions carefully, and keep track of your application status. With the duplicate Aadhaar card in hand, you can regain access to your essential identification document and continue to avail of various services that require Aadhaar authentication.