PAN card applicants in India can apply for an e-PAN card instead of a physical PAN card, according to the Income Tax Department of India. e-PAN works in the same way as a physical PAN card and can be used for all financial transactions and domains where a PAN is required.
An applicant can apply for an e-PAN card in a variety of ways. In this blog, we will show you several ways to apply for an e-PAN card, but first, let us provide you with a basic understanding of the e-PAN card.
What is an e-PAN Card?
The Income Tax Department of India provides an e-PAN card, also known as an electronic PAN card. The service is immediate and available to first-time taxpayers. It should be noted that an e-PAN card cannot be issued to someone who already has a physical PAN card. The following are the characteristics of an e-PAN card:
- e-PAN can be acquired free of cost for a limited period
- e-PAN cards are issued to individuals only and not to HUFs, trusts, organizations, businesses
- The applicant’s Aadhaar card details are used to generate the electronic PAN Card
Who can Apply for an e-PAN Card?
An applicant must meet the following requirements to apply for an e-PAN card:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen
- The applicant must be an individual taxpayer, not a corporation, trust, or association
- The applicant must have a valid Aadhaar card
- The applicant’s mobile phone number must be linked to the Aadhaar card
- An applicant should not have a physical PAN card
- An applicant must have an up-to-date Aadhaar card
How does an e-PAN Card look?
An e-PAN Card includes the following information:
- Applicant’s name, date of birth and other details
- QR code
- Applicant’s biometric details like digital signature and scanned photo
- Applicant’s father name
- Applicant’s gender
How to Download e-PAN Card Online through UTIITSL Website?
An applicant can download e-PAN Card through UTIITSL by following the easy steps given below-
- Visit the official website of UTIITSL
- Select ‘Apply PAN Card’ under the section ‘For PAN Cards’
- Click on ‘Download e-PAN’
- Enter all the respective fields and complete the form
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number or email address
- Enter the OTP
- Following successful completion, an applicant will be given the option to download an e-PAN Card
How to Download an e-PAN Card using the NSDL Portal?
There are two ways to download an e-PAN Card from the official website of NSDL–
1- Download e-PAN Card through Acknowledgement Number
- Enter the acknowledgement number
- Enter ‘Date of birth’
- Write the captcha code and click on submit
- An OTP will be sent to the registered email address or mobile number
- Enter the OTP and download e-PAN Card
2. Download e-PAN Card through PAN Number
- Enter the PAN and Aadhaar number
- Provide the applicant’s date of birth
- Add GSTN number (if provided)
- Tick the guidelines and enter the captcha code
- Click on ‘Submit’ and enter the OTP which is sent to the registered email address or mobile number
- Download e-PAN Card
How to Download an e-PAN Card using the Income Tax Department Website?
The Income Tax Department of India allows an applicant to download e-PAN Cards. All an applicant needs to do is to follow the given instructions-
- Login to the Income Tax Department e-filing website
- Click on ‘Instant e-PAN’ (given at the bottom of the screen)
- Click on ‘Get New e-PAN’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and proceed with the following instructions
- Enter the OTP and confirm all the given details
- Download e-PAN Card