To apply for a PAN card, an applicant needs to fill Form 49A (for Indian citizens) or Form 49AA (for Foreign citizens) and submit it to the concerned authorities, along with the supporting documents and a PAN card fee. After the submission of the PAN card application and completion of documents for verification, it takes around 15-20 working days to issue a PAN card.
When an applicant applies for a PAN card or applies to get the PAN card updated or rectified, an acknowledgement number is sent to the applicant. This acknowledgement number can be used to track the PAN card status.
In this blog, we will show you how to check PAN card status through NSDL or UTIITSL website, using your name and date of birth.
What is a PAN Card Acknowledgement Number?
When an applicant submits the PAN card application, a unique 15 digit number is generated against the PAN application and allotted to the applicant. This unique 15 digit number is called the acknowledgement number. The acknowledgement number can be used to track the PAN Card status and to download the e-PAN card.
How to Check PAN Card Status through UTIITSL?
An applicant can check the PAN card status through UTIITSL by following the given steps –
- Visit the official website of UTIITSL and click on ‘Track PAN Card’
- Enter the ‘Application Coupon Number‘ or PAN number
- Enter the date of birth/Incorporation / Agreement / Partnership or Trust Deed / Formation of Body of Individuals / Association of Persons
- Write the captcha
- Click on ‘Submit‘ button
- Your PAN card status will appear on the screen
How to Check PAN Card Status through NSDL?
An applicant can track his/her PAN card status by logging into the NSDL website and following the given instructions-
- Visit the official website of NSDL
- Click on the ‘Track your PAN‘ option
- Select the application type
- Enter the 15 digit acknowledgement number
- Enter the given code
- Click on submit button and your PAN card status will be shown
How to Confirm PAN Card Status through Name and Date of Birth?
An applicant can check his/her PAN Card status by doing the following-
- Visit the official website of Income Tax
- Navigate to ‘Verify your PAN’
- Enter PAN number, name, date of birth, mobile number
- Click on ‘Continue‘
- Verify the details
- Enter OTP within 15 minutes (OTP remains valid for 15 minutes)
- Your PAN card status will appear on the next screen
In case of wrong PAN card details or incomplete information, the system will not recognize the details and mark it as an error.
How to Track PAN Status through Telephone?
Other than using official Income tax, NSDL or UTIITSL websites, an applicant can check the PAN status through a call too. All an applicant requires is to follow the given instructions-
- Call the TIN call centre on 020-27218080
- Provide the 15 digit acknowledgement number to the executive
- The executive will provide you with your PAN card status
How to Check PAN Card Status through SMS?
It is easy to check PAN Card status via SMS. All an applicant needs to do is to follow the given steps-
- Send an SMS to NSDL PAN and 15 digit acknowledgement number to 57575
- The applicant will be provided with the PAN card status via SMS
- Use SMS service
- Visit the official Income Tax e-Filing portal