The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique identification number assigned to individuals and entities by the Indian government. It is used for various purposes, including paying taxes and filing tax returns.
If you have applied for a PAN card, you may want to check the status of your application to ensure that it is being processed properly. One way to do this is by using your name to check the status of your PAN card.
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to check your PAN card status by name.
PAN Card Status Check by Name
Following are the steps to be performed to do PAN card status check by name-
- Go to the official website of the Income Tax Department
- On the home page, open the ‘Quick Links’ section
- Select ‘Verify your PAN details’
- On the next page, enter your name, date of birth, and your status (Individual, Company, etc.)
- Enter the captcha code to verify that you are a human
- Click ‘submit’ to view the status of your PAN card.
Note: If the details provided for the PAN card verification are incorrect or incomplete, the system will not be able to recognize the information and will display an error message. This may occur if the name, date of birth, or other information is not entered correctly, or if the PAN card number is incorrect. In this case, it is important to double-check the information provided and ensure that it is accurate before trying again. If you continue to have trouble, you may need to contact the Income Tax Department for assistance.
Also Read: Check PAN Card Status by Mobile Number
How long after I submit my application can I track my PAN card status?
Can I track my PAN card delivery?
- Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- From the drop-down menu in the “Application Type” option, select “PAN-New/Change Request”
- Enter your acknowledgement number and click on the “Submit” button.