Users can recharge their FASTag online through various mobile banking applications. Each bank that issues the FASTag offers the facility for its users to recharge their tag online.
However, if you have linked your FASTag to your Paytm account, you can have multiple benefits in comparison to using any other platform for your FASTag account.
Firstly, if you use Paytm for your FASTag transactions, you wouldn’t need to specifically check your FASTag balance or recharge your FASTag account. All you need is to have a balance in your Paytm wallet. Unlike other digital wallets, Paytm does not require you to recharge your FASTag account every now and then. All you need is some balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount will automatically be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza.
How to Recharge Federal Bank FASTag on Paytm?
Follow these steps to do an Federal Bank FASTag recharge on Paytm-
- Open the Paytm mobile application
- You can either-
- Visit the ‘Recharge’ section and click on ‘FASTag’; or
- Select the ‘FASTag’ option on the homepage; or
- Search for the ‘FASTag recharge’ option
- Select ‘Federal Bank’, which is your FASTag issuer bank
- Enter your vehicle registration number
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ option and enter the amount that you wish to recharge for
- Select the mode of payment out of Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Paytm wallet, and/or UPI
Alternatively, you can also click here to do your Federal Bank FASTag recharge, enter your vehicle number and proceed with the recharge.
Federal Bank FASTag Recharge Fees or Charges
Using Paytm, you can easily purchase your Federal bank FASTag anywhere and at any time. Whether you own a private or commercial vehicle, Paytm offers both private and corporate FASTags for users.
Listed below are the detailed fees and charges for buying FASTag on Paytm app / website-
|Vehicle Category||Type of Vehicle||Refundable Deposit||FASTag Security Balance|
|Vehicle Class 4||Car/Jeep/Van||NIL||Rs. 250|
|Vehicle Class 5||Light Commercial Vehicle 2-axle||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 6||Bus 3- axle||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 6||Truck 3-axle||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 7||Bus 2-axle/ Mini-Bus||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 7||Truck 2-axle||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 12||Truck 6-axle||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 12||Tractor/Tractor with trailer||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 12||Truck 4-axle||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 12||Truck 5-axle||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 15||Truck 7-axle & above||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
|Vehicle Class 16||Earth Moving/Heavy Construction Machinery||Rs. 99||Re. 1|
Apart from the above charges, FASTag buyers are required to pay the following charges against their NPCI vehicle class-
|Tag Issuance Fee (One-time)||Rs. 100 (Rs. 84.75 + Rs. 15. 25; Fee + GST)|
|Tag Reissuance Fee||Rs. 100 (Inclusive of GST)|
How to Do a Federal Bank FASTag Balance Check?
There are various online and offline ways using which you can do a Federal bank FASTag balance check.
- Log in to your FASTag account – You can visit the official portal of Federal bank and log in to your FASTag account using your credentials. After logging in to your account, you can find the option to check your FASTag account balance. You can also take a look at your FASTAg account statement to check all the deductions from your account.
- Download the Mobile application – Download the Paytm mobile application with which your FASTag account is linked. Log in to the application using your credentials and check your FASTag balance amount.
- Find the SMS – If the online process seems a little complicated to you, you can simply take a look at your phone inbox. Every time that your money is deducted from your FASTag wallet at a toll plaza, you get notified with your updated balance through an SMS. To check your current balance, all you need to do is find out the latest SMS which has your recent FASTag deduction. The same SMS will also have your last updated FASTag account balance.
- Look for an Email notification – As and when you receive an SMS for a toll tax deduction from your FASTag account, you also receive a notification on your email. If you fail to find the latest SMS update on your FASTag balance, you can look for the latest email that would contain the last toll tax deduction from your FASTag account along with your last updated FASTag balance.
- Call Customer Care – To check your FASTag balance, you can give a missed call at the toll-free number- +91-8884333331, which is available 24*7. As soon as you give a missed call from your registered mobile number, you will receive a notification stating your current FASTag balance on your mobile phone.
Use your Paytm Wallet for FASTag Transactions
Unlike other banks that require you to recharge your FASTag every now and then, Paytm only requires its users to add money to their Paytm wallet in order to process FASTag transactions. If you link your FASTag to your Paytm wallet, the toll tax amount will directly be deducted from your Paytm wallet as and when you cross a toll booth.
To link your FASTag to your Paytm wallet, you will have to provide your wallet ID, vehicle number, RFID number, email address, mobile number.
Using the Paytm wallet for your FASTag-related transactions will make it easier for you as you won’t have to recharge your FASTag again and again. All you need is balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount would directly be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza.
Having a single Paytm wallet for multiple needs will help you manage your balances and keep a detailed track of all your travel-related expenses, whether fuel, purchases at departmental stores, or expenses made at toll plazas.
What are the Benefits of Using FASTag?
There are multiple reasons which explain why you should buy the FASTag for your four-wheeled vehicle. Some of the benefits of FASTag have been explained below-
- Using the FASTag technology, you will not have to lower the speed of your vehicle at the toll plazas. Since you can keep moving at the toll gates, without having to stop, your fuel and your time will be saved
- Since the traffic does not have to stop or slow down, there is almost no congestion or traffic jam at the toll plazas
- Traveling from one city/state to another by road comes across a lot of toll plazas. With the use of FASTag, you can enjoy the benefit of electronic payment, and a completely hassle-free driving experience throughout your journey; leaving the FASTag to take care of all your toll payments
- FASTag also makes it easier for you to keep a track of all your toll expenses. If you use Paytm to make your FASTag payments, you will receive regular in-app notifications and SMSs every time you make a payment through FASTag. Moreover, you can also track your expenses in your Paytm passbook
- The FASTag facility benefits the environment in the long run, as it reduces the use of paper and fuel
- Regular travelers can apply to convert their monthly, regular passes into FASTag passes. There is an online application procedure for corporates and fleet owners to do the same
- While various other digital wallets let you recharge your FASTag on your mobile phone in a matter of minutes; Paytm does not require you to do that either. All you need is some balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount will automatically be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza
- Upon linking your FASTag account with the Paytm mobile application, you will be automatically notified of all the transactions and toll deductions. This will help you keep a track of the money that you have spent at toll plazas during your travel
- A FASTag has a validity of 5 years
- Registering for a FASTag involves a simple, and quick process