As introduced by the National Highways Authority of India to enhance the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) mechanism, FASTag is a sticker (tag) applied on the windshield of a four-wheeled vehicle. The FASTag which must be mandatorily affixed on every four-wheeler moving on the Indian roads, works on the RFID (Radio Frequency) technology that allows the vehicle to pay the toll tax amount through a linked prepaid wallet. This facilitates a better driving experience for users since they don’t have to stop or make cash transactions at toll plazas across the national highways in the country.
Since 16 February 2021, the National Highways Authority of India has made it mandatory for every user that crosses the toll plaza to install the tag on their vehicle, else they will have to pay double the toll tax amount at every toll booth that they cross.
While Paytm offers a Paytm FASTag that can be used easily, you can also do your Airtel Payments bank FASTag recharge on the Paytm mobile application.
How to do Airtel Payments Bank FASTag Recharge on Paytm App?
Follow these steps to do your Airtel Payments Bank FASTag recharge on the Paytm app-
- Open the Paytm mobile application
- You can either-
- Select the ‘FASTag Recharge’ option on the Ticket Booking section of Paytm homepage
- Select the ‘FASTag Recharge’ option under All Services > City Transit section
- Search for the ‘FASTag recharge’ option directly
- Select ‘Airtel Payments Bank’, which is your FASTag issuer bank
- Enter your vehicle registration number
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ option and enter the amount that you wish to recharge for
- Select the mode of payment out of Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Paytm wallet, Paytm Postpaid and/or UPI
Alternatively, you can also click here to do your Airtel Payments Bank FASTag recharge, enter your vehicle number and proceed with the recharge.
Use your Paytm Wallet for FASTag Transactions
Unlike other banks that require you to recharge your FASTag every now and then, Paytm only requires its users to add money to their Paytm wallet in order to process FASTag transactions. If you link your FASTag to your Paytm wallet, the toll tax amount will directly be deducted from your Paytm wallet as and when you cross a toll booth.
To link your FASTag to your Paytm wallet, you will have to provide your wallet ID, vehicle number, RFID number, email address, mobile number.
Using the Paytm wallet for your FASTag-related transactions will make it easier for you as you won’t have to recharge your FASTag again and again. All you need is balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount would directly be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza.
Having a single Paytm wallet for multiple needs will help you manage your balances and keep a detailed track of all your travel-related expenses, whether fuel, purchases at departmental stores, or expenses made at toll plazas.
What are the Benefits of Using FASTag?
There are multiple reasons which explain why you should buy the Paytm FASTag for your four-wheeled vehicle. Some of them have been explained below-
- Using the FASTag technology, you will not have to lower the speed of your vehicle at the toll plazas. Since you can keep moving at the toll gates, without having to stop, your fuel and your time will be saved
- Since the traffic does not have to stop or slow down, there is almost no congestion or traffic jam at the toll plazas
- Traveling from one city/state to another by road comes across a lot of toll plazas. With the use of FASTag, you can enjoy the benefit of electronic payment, and a completely hassle-free driving experience throughout your journey; leaving the FASTag to take care of all your toll payments
- FASTag also makes it easier for you to keep a track of all your toll expenses. If you use Paytm to make your FASTag payments, you will receive regular in-app notifications and SMSs every time you make a payment through FASTag. Moreover, you can also track your expenses in your Paytm passbook
- The FASTag facility benefits the environment in the long run, as it reduces the use of paper and fuel
- Regular travelers can apply to convert their monthly, regular passes into FASTag passes. There is an online application procedure for corporates and fleet owners to do the same
- While various other digital wallets let you recharge your FASTag on your mobile phone in a matter of minutes; Paytm does not require you to do that either. All you need is some balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount will automatically be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza
- Upon linking your FASTag account with the Paytm mobile application, you will be automatically notified of all the transactions and toll deductions. This will help you keep a track of the money that you have spent at toll plazas during your travel
- A FASTag has a validity of 5 years
- Registering for a FASTag involves a simple, and quick process
With the intention of eliminating long queues and jams across the country, the Government of India (GOI) had…
If you own a four-wheeler, it is most likely that you would know of the FASTag and its…
Managing your FASTag account efficiently is crucial for seamless electronic toll collection and hassle-free journeys on Indian highways.…
The FASTag is a device that is attached to the windscreen of a four-wheeled vehicle in order to…
Ever since the Indian government has made it mandatory to stick the FASTag on the windshield of every…