Aadhaar card carries utmost importance as it is one of the most important documents to avail of numerous government schemes benefits, to open a bank account, etc. It works as a proof of identity and is mandatory for individuals to have it. Even though an Aadhaar card is accepted across the nation online; there comes situations when a resident shifts his/her place of residence from one to another. In such cases, it becomes mandatory to do the Aadhaar address update timely.
To ease the task of updating an Aadhaar address online, UIDAI has added a service to update the demographics data online on its official website. Through this service, an applicant can fill the form for the Aadhaar address change within minutes.
This blog explains the complete process for how to change address in Aadhaar online within minutes.
How to Change Address in Aadhaar Online?
UIDAI makes it easy for applicants to do the Aadhaar address update within minutes through its official website. All an applicant requires is to follow the given mentioned steps-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’, navigate to ‘Update your Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Update Demographics Data Online’
- Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’
- Upon clicking, a new page will appear, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code
- Click on ‘Send OTP’, enter the password (Password remains valid for 10 min only)
- Click on ‘Login’ and proceed with ‘Update Demographics Data’
- Select Address and then click on ‘Proceed’
- Read the terms and conditions page carefully before proceeding further
- Fill the form, upload the required documents, preview the form,Â and submit it
- Aadhaar update request will be accepted and a 14-digit URN will be generated against the request
URN can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar Address update.
How to Check the Aadhaar Card Update Status?
Once an applicant has submitted the form for the Aadhaar address update, he/she can check the status of an Aadhaar card through the UIDAI website. Below is how to check Aadhaar status update in few easy steps-
- Visit UIDAI official website
- Locate ‘My Aadhaar’, click on ‘Update your Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Check Online Demographics Update Status’
- Enter 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code
- Enter OTP to check Aadhaar status update