Aadhaar Card, the 12-digit unique identity number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), has become an essential document for every Indian citizen. From opening a bank account to getting a passport, Aadhaar is required everywhere. Updating and checking the status of your Aadhaar card is important to ensure that all your information is up to date and accurate. With the advancement of technology, checking the status of your Aadhaar card has become easy and hassle-free. In this guide, we will explore how you can check the status of your Aadhaar card effortlessly.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Status through Enrolment Number?
By following the given simple steps, you can quickly find out the current status of your Aadhaar Card update or application.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Look for the ‘My Aadhaar’ section and click on ‘Check Aadhaar Status’.
- Enter the ‘Enrolment Number’ and ‘Time of Enrolment’
- Enter the ‘Captcha’ code displayed on the screen for security purposes.
- Finally, click on the ‘Check Status’ button to know the status of your Aadhaar Card.
*Find your enrolment number, date and time on your acknowledgement slip
How to Check Aadhaar Status via a Toll-Free Number?
Aadhaar status can be easily checked by following these simple steps:
- Dial the toll-free number 1800-300-1947 from your registered mobile number.
- Share your enrolment ID with the Aadhaar official who answers your call.
- The official will then provide you with the current status of your Aadhaar card.
Note- The Enrolment ID comprises your enrolment number along with the date and time of your enrolment. Keep in mind that the Enrolment ID is necessary to check the status of your Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar Card Status Check through SMS
It is easy to check Aadhaar card status through SMS by following the given instructions-
- Send an SMS to 51969 with the text “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>”
- If your Aadhaar number has been generated, you will receive it as a response.
- If your Aadhaar number has not been generated yet, you will receive an SMS with the status of your Aadhaar card.
Read More: How to Verify an Aadhaar Mobile Number
Aadhaar Card Status Check Through the Indian Post Office
After your Aadhaar card is processed, UIDAI will send it to your residential address by post within 90 days. You can track the delivery status of your Aadhaar card by following these simple steps:
- Go to the official website of the Post Office.
- Enter the consignment number on the website.
- Check the details of your Aadhaar card.
Check Aadhaar PVC Card Order Status
To check the status of your Aadhaar PVC card, you can visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), and follow the steps below:
- Visit UIDAI website and click on the “Check Aadhaar Status” link under the “Aadhaar Services” section.
- Next, click on ‘Check Aadhaar PVC Card Order Status’
- On the next page, enter your SRN number and the security code displayed on the page, and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- If your Aadhaar PVC card has been generated, you will see a message indicating that your card is ready for download.
- To download your Aadhaar PVC card, click on the “Download Aadhaar” link on the same page. You will need to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the security code displayed on the page, and then click on the “Send OTP” button.
- You will receive an OTP (one-time password) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the space provided, and click on the “Download Aadhaar” button.
- Your Aadhaar PVC card will be downloaded as a PDF file. You can open and print the card using Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other PDF viewer.
Aadhaar Enrolment Status Check Without Enrolment ID
If you do not have your enrolment ID, you can still check the status of your Aadhaar card by using your full name and date of birth. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/retrieve-eid-uid
- Select whether you want to retrieve your Aadhaar number or enrolment number.
- Enter your name, email address or mobile number, and the security code to receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP to verify your information.
- Once verified, your enrolment number or Aadhaar number will be sent to your registered mobile number or email address.
- You can use your enrolment number to check the status of your Aadhaar.
How to get Enrolment Number?
There is no need to re-register oneself for a new AADHAR enrolment number. One can follow the given mentioned steps to get the old enrolment number:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on the “Aadhaar Services” tab and select “Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID” under the “My Aadhaar” section.
- Fill out the form with the necessary information and click on “Send OTP.”
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number or email address to verify your identity.
- Upon verification, your Enrolment ID (enrolment number and date/time) will be sent to your official email address and registered mobile number.
- You can then use these credentials to check the status of your Aadhaar card.
Also Read: Aadhaar Card Download