Paytm wallet is a digital wallet through which the users can perform cashless transactions. By using Paytm wallet the users can send or receive money from other Paytm users. Moreover, an individual can also add money to his/her account using UPI, internet banking and credit/debit card. Paytm UPI payment is one of the most convenient ways of money transfer. Read further to know in detail about how to add money to the Paytm wallet using UPI.
The Process to Add Money in Paytm Wallet Through UPI
For fast and easy transactions, the users can link their bank account with Paytm wallet. The linking of the Paytm wallet to a bank account allows fast-forward transactions on the Paytm app. Moreover, it also allows users to make direct bank transfers and fast payments through third-party apps or other payment gateways.
Let’s take a look at the step-by-step process to add money to the Paytm wallet through UPI:
- Open the Paytm application and choose the option ‘Paytm Wallet’.
- Click on the option of ‘Add Money’
- Alternatively, the users can also see their balance when they open the wallet and choose the option to ‘Add Money’
- Click on the proceed button, the user will see various options to add money to the wallet such as through BHIM UPI, credit/debit cards, or net banking.
- Proceed with the BHIM UPI option and add money from your UPI-linked bank account. If you have your bank account linked with Paytm, then you can proceed with the same, as the cards and banks that are already added to the Paytm profile are displayed first.
Paytm Wallet Can be Used to:
The users can use Paytm wallet to:
- Recharge mobile (prepaid or postpaid), DTH, metro card, etc.
- Recharge and buy Paytm FASTags as well as recharge bank FASTags
- Make utility bill payments such as gas cylinders, electricity bills, broadband, landlines, etc.
- Make payments to purchase at retail shops
- Pay for car rides, petrol pumps, auto-rickshaw rides, pay for food orders, etc.
- Book flight, train or bus tickets on Paytm. The users can also use Paytm wallet to make payments at IRCTC, or other travel ticket booking apps/sites
- By using Paytm wallet the users can book a movie ticket, buy a subscription, buy medicines, etc.
What to Do In Case You are Unable to Add Money Via UPI
UPI is one of the modes of payment that Paytm accepts to add money to the Paytm wallet. However, in certain cases, the users might face difficulty or failure to add money to the wallet using this mode. Listed below are some of the reasons:
- Entering incorrect mPIN
- Banks may have put daily limits on UPI transactions
- Insufficient balance in the account
- NPCI on the user’s bank may be down while making the transaction
- It is important to keep in mind that Paytm does not support add money through collect requests
In case of any of these aforementioned reasons, if a user fails to add money to the Paytm wallet via UPI then it is advised to get in touch with the bank first. Still, if he/she faces issues while adding money then they can share the details of the error message being displayed on the screen with customer care and they will help to resolve the issue.
Wrapping it Up!
Money transfer through wallet payments or UPI payments using Paytm guarantees safety. Moreover, UPI payments are quick, convenient and free of cost. All one needs to do is to download the Paytm app and register themselves on Paytm to use the wallet.