Paytm wallet is a digital payment platform that allows users to make cashless transactions and transfer money to other Paytm users or to a bank account. It can be funded through a variety of methods, including UPI, internet banking, and credit or debit card. In this article, we will discuss the process of adding money to a Paytm wallet using UPI.
The Process to Add Money to Paytm Wallet Through UPI
To facilitate quick and easy transactions, Paytm users can connect their bank account to the Paytm app. This connection enables fast transactions through the Paytm app. The Paytm wallet also allows users to perform secure, instant money transfers without any issues, as well as make fast payments. Here is the process for adding money to the Paytm wallet via UPI:
- Open the Paytm app and select the ‘Paytm Wallet’ option.
- Click on the ‘Add Money’ option.
- Alternatively, you can also access the ‘Add Money’ option by viewing your balance and selecting the option from there.
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ button and choose the BHIM UPI option to add money from your UPI-linked bank account.
- If your bank account is already linked to Paytm, the cards and banks that are connected to your profile will be displayed first.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process of adding money to your Paytm wallet using UPI.
Paytm Wallet Can be Used to:
The users can use Paytm wallet to:
- Recharge your mobile phone (prepaid or postpaid), DTH, or metro card.
- Recharge and purchase Paytm FASTags and recharge other bank FASTags.
- Pay utility bills such as gas cylinders, electricity bills, broadband, landlines, etc.
- Make payments at retail stores.
- Pay for car rides, petrol pumps, auto-rickshaw rides, and food orders.
- Book flight, train, or bus tickets on Paytm or other travel ticket booking apps or websites.
- Use your Paytm wallet to buy movie tickets, subscriptions, and medicines.
What to do in Case you are Unable to Add Money via UPI?
UPI is a method that Paytm accepts for adding money to the Paytm wallet. However, there may be instances when users encounter difficulty or failure when trying to add money to the wallet using this method. Some possible causes for this issue include:
- Incorrect mPIN (mobile personal identification number) has been entered.
- The bank has placed daily limits on UPI transactions.
- There is insufficient balance in the account.
- NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) on the user’s bank may be experiencing downtime.
- Paytm does not support add money through collect requests.
If a user is unable to add money to their Paytm wallet via UPI due to any of the aforementioned reasons, it is recommended that they contact their bank first. If the issue persists after speaking with the bank, the user can reach out to Paytm customer care with the error message displayed on their screen, and the customer care team will assist with resolving the issue.
Wrapping it Up!
Paytm ensures the safety of money transfers made through wallet payments or UPI payments. In addition, UPI payments made through Paytm are fast, convenient, and free of charge. To use the Paytm wallet, all a user needs to do is download the Paytm app and register an account.