The collaboration of Paytm and Uber has made riding and driving easier, more convenient, and less stressful for both passengers and drivers. To complete a UBER transaction via Paytm, the passenger must first select ‘Paytm wallet’ as the default mode of payment and add money to it so that when the trip is completed, the trip amount is automatically deducted from the wallet.
How to Pay for Uber rides through Paytm Wallet?
- Sign in to the Uber app
- Select the desired vehicle from the available options (UberAuto, UberGo, Moto)
- Select ‘Paytm wallet’ as the payment option
- Make sure that your Paytm wallet has a balance of at least Rs. 350. If not, you will be asked to add an amount of your choice to your Paytm wallet
- This amount is blocked by UBER as a security amount for your ride
- Once your ride is complete, the trip amount will be deducted from the security amount and the remaining amount will be refunded to your wallet
How to Activate Paytm wallet to make Uber payments?
In case you haven’t linked your Paytm wallet with Uber, you can do so by following the below steps-
- Sign in to the Uber application
- Click on ‘Account’ given on the right bottom
- Next, click on ‘Wallet’ , scroll the screen and choose ‘Paytm’ as the payment method
- Add money to Paytm balance. The app will fetch the minimum amount to be added to the Paytm
- Click on ‘Add Funds’ and then select your payment method. In case you choose netbanking, the Uber app will redirect you to another page where you can add money to your Paytm balance.
- After you’ve chosen your preferred bank, click ‘Pay’ to add money to your Paytm balance.
- To finish adding money to the Paytm wallet, enter the necessary credentials such as OTP, debit card PIN
Why Should You Choose Paytm Wallet over others?
The following are some of the reasons why you should use Paytm wallet to pay for Uber rides:
- Add the desired amount to the Paytm wallet using any payment method, such as Netbanking, UPI, credit card, debit card, etc.
- Adding Paytm as a default payment mode is simple and does not necessitate many steps
- Paytm is a well-known and reputable payment application
- The app operates more quickly and completes transactions in a matter of seconds.
- You will receive immediate notifications once the transaction is completed.
Pay for Uber rides using your Paytm wallet in seconds. You no longer need to carry cash or cards to make payments. Paytm wallet completes the transaction in a single click; simply add the desired amount and complete the transaction without difficulty.