Paytm and Uber have partnered to make it easier for passengers and drivers to pay for and receive payment for rides. To use Paytm as the default payment method for Uber, passengers must select “Paytm wallet” as their payment option and add money to their wallet. When a trip is completed, the amount of the trip will be automatically deducted from the Paytm wallet. This simplifies the payment process for both passengers and drivers.
How to Pay for Uber rides through Paytm Wallet?
Paying for Uber rides using Paytm Wallet is a convenient and simple way to pay for your rides. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to use Paytm Wallet to pay for Uber rides.
- Log in to the Uber app.
- Choose your desired vehicle type (e.g. UberAuto, UberGo, Moto).
- Select “Paytm Wallet” as the payment option.
- Ensure that your Paytm Wallet has a balance of at least Rs. 350, or add funds if necessary.
- The required amount will be blocked as a security deposit for your ride.
- After the ride is complete, the trip amount will be deducted from the security deposit and the remaining balance will be refunded to your Paytm Wallet.
How to Activate Paytm wallet to make Uber payments?
If you haven’t linked your Paytm Wallet to Uber, you can do so by following these steps:
- Sign in to the Uber app.
- Click on “Account” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on “Wallet.”
- Select “Paytm” as the payment method.
- Add money to your Paytm balance. The app will show the minimum amount required to be added.
- Click on “Add Funds” and select your preferred payment method (e.g. netbanking, debit card).
- If you choose netbanking, the app will redirect you to the bank’s website to add funds to your Paytm balance.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your credentials (e.g. OTP, debit card PIN) and complete the payment.
Why Should You Choose Paytm Wallet over others?
The following are some of the reasons why you should use Paytm wallet to pay for Uber rides:
- To add money to your Paytm wallet, you can use a variety of payment methods, such as Netbanking, UPI, credit card, debit card, etc.
- The process of setting Paytm as a default payment mode is easy and straightforward.
- Paytm is a well-known and reputable payment app.
- The app is quick and efficient, completing transactions in just a few seconds.
- You will receive notifications when the transaction is completed.
With Paytm wallet, you can easily pay for your Uber rides without the need for cash or cards. Simply add the desired amount to your Paytm wallet and complete the transaction in just one click. This convenient payment method allows you to complete transactions quickly and easily, without any hassle.