Owing to the various online frauds and security breaches, KYC has been a rather important thing to do. Because of this, users are required to perform their KYC on all online platforms. EPF, being one such platform, has also recommended all its members to complete their KYC on the online platform. Moreover, there have been certain benefits that are offered only to KYC-verified members on the EPFO portal. This blog will take you through the steps that you must take to perform your KYC.
Update KYC Details on EPFO Portal
Follow these simple steps to update your KYC details on the EPFO member portal-
- Log in to the EPFO online portal using your credentials (UAN and Password)
- Click on the ‘Manage’ option on the top menu bar, followed by clicking on the ‘KYC’ option from the dropdown menu
- The next screen will show you the form for updating your KYC details. In this form, you need to add the details of your PAN, Aadhaar, Passport and bank account
- Ensure to tick mark on the box given in front of the document that you want to update. Here, you also need to enter your document number, your name as per the document, and other additional information such as your IFSC for your bank details, or expiry details for passport and driving license
- After you have entered all the required details, click on the ‘Save’ option. Your details will now be saved under the ‘Pending KYC’ section
- Your details will now be verified by the EPFO. If, by any chance, you don’t want to update your details, you can click on the ‘X’ sign against your document name before it gets verified by the EPFO
- Once your details are successfully verified, you will be notified of the same
Update Contact Details on EPFO Portal
Follow the below steps to update your contact details on EPFO portal-
- Log in to the EPFO member portal using your UAN and password
- From the dropdown menu under the ‘Manage’ option on the main menu, click on the ‘Contact Details option
- Your EPF account details would already have your mobile number and your email address, which you had submitted at the time of activating your EPF account
- Tick mark against the option to ‘Change mobile number’ or ‘Change email ID’ in order to update your details
- Next, click on the ‘Get Authorization Pin’ option to get the OTP on your mobile number for the purpose of verification
- Your mobile number/email ID will be updated to your EPF account upon successful verification after some time
Why is it Important to do the EPF KYC Update?
There are certain benefits of updating KYC details on the EPFO portal, because of which it is advised for all the members to do so. Listed below are some of those benefits-
- Members of the EPF can claim their online withdrawals only when their KYC details are seeded with their UAN or when they have updated KYC details on the EPF portal
- If the user’s KYC details are updated, it is easier to transfer EPF accounts from one employer to the other
- Monthly PF SMS notifications can be received by members only after updation of KYC details
- If, in case, a member wishes to withdraw his/her PF before 5 years of service, a TDS of 10% will be deducted against the amount if the PAN is updated in the EPF account. If not, the TDS charges will be raised to 34.608%
EPFO has made it relatively easy for its members to update their KYC details on the portal. Also, considering the numerous benefits that it offers, it adds on to more reasons as to why you should update KYC details on the EPFO member portal. Users can update their KYC details on the EPFO member portal using their UAN credentials, for which it is important to log in to the EPF UAN portal and update the KYC status by uploading the required documents online.
Moreover, if the registered bank account details are correct and complete, then it takes hardly any time to complete various processes on the portal. If such is not the case, then there might be certain delays in the updation process.
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Bank Account Details
- Passport Number
- Driver’s License
- Election Card/ Ration Card