Are you curious about your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) balance? Wondering how much you’ve saved for your future? In this blog post, we will explore four easy and convenient ways to check your EPF balance today. Whether you prefer online methods or using your mobile phone, we’ve got you covered.
Online Ways to Check EPF Balance
With advancements in technology, everybody wants things to be done online, at the comfort of their homes. And why not! When you can avail of innumerable benefits without having to step out of your house, such demands are quite justified.
Let’s take a look at the online ways to check EPF balance:
1. EPFO Portal
To check your EPF balance on the EPFO portal, ensure that your UAN (Universal Account Number) is activated. Once activated, follow these steps:
- Log in to the EPFO portal using your login credentials.
- Click on the “Our Services” tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select the “For employees” option.
- Under the “Services” tab, click on the “Member Passbook” option.
- On the subsequent login page, enter your UAN and password.
- After providing the correct details, you will be logged in to your EPF account.
- From there, you can easily access your EPF passbook and view your current EPF balance.
2. UMANG Application
You can download the UMANG application, also known as the “m-Sewa app of EPFO,” on your mobile device to check your EPF balance. Here’s how:
- Open the UMANG application and look for the “EPFO” option on the home screen, under the “Employee Centric Services” section.
- Click on the “Member” option, followed by the “Balance/Passbook” option.
- Enter your UAN and registered mobile number.
- After successful verification, you will be able to view your updated EPF balance.
- If the provided UAN and mobile number are not linked, the system will display a mismatch error message.
Offline Ways to Check EPF Balance
For individuals who are not well-versed in technology, there are a few offline methods to check EPF balance as well. Here’s a brief explanation:
If you have linked your UAN with your KYC details, you can check your EPF balance by sending an SMS in the following format to the designated mobile number:
EPFOHO UAN [Language code]
Replace [Language code] with the first three letters of your preferred language. For example, if you prefer English, you can use “ENG” as the language code. The SMS should be sent to 7738299899.
To view your EPF balance in your preferred language, you can enter the corresponding language code when sending an SMS to the designated number. Here is a list of language codes for some commonly used languages:
2. Missed Call
Additionally, you can check your EPF balance by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number. However, it’s important to ensure that your UAN is linked with your KYC details for this service to be available. After giving the missed call, you will receive an SMS alert containing your EPF details.
There are primarily four methods available to verify your EPF balance, encompassing both online and offline options. To check your EPF balance online, you have the choice of visiting the EPFO online portal or downloading the UMANG mobile application. Alternatively, you can opt for offline methods such as sending an SMS or giving a missed call to inquire about your EPF balance.
How can I check EPF balance?
How can I check EPF balance via SMS?
Can I check my EPF balance via missed call service?
What is the most common online method to check EPF balance online?
What are the steps to check EPF balance on the EPFO portal?
- Log in to the EPFO portal using your credentials
- Click on ‘Our Services’ tab
- From the dropdown menu, click on the option that says ‘For employees’
- Next, under the tab of ‘Services’, click on the ‘Member Passbook’ option
- The next screen will display a login page, wherein you will have to enter your UAN and password
- Once you enter the correct details, you will be logged in to your EPF account
- From here, you can easily access your EPF passbook and find out your current EPF balance