Indane, which is a part of the IndianOil family, has been one of the pioneers of India’s LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas) revolution. The brand was established in 1964, and it started operations in 1965. Initially, Indane had a customer base of 2000 in and around Kolkata, and it slowly reached crores of Indian households over the next few decades.
As the company grew, it brought in advanced technologies to help consumers have more convenience in terms of cylinder booking, contacting for emergencies, and reporting other issues. Similarly, cancelling the order has also become easy, and if you don’t know how to cancel an Indane gas booking, then you should read on to learn more about it.
Also Read: Steps to Book Indane Gas Cylinder
How to Cancel Indane Gas Booking?
There are different ways to cancel Indane gas bookings; here are the associated details.
Cancelling it through the distributor
The easiest way to cancel gas bookings in Indane is by contacting your local distributor. Here are the steps to do that –
- First, identify your local Indane LPG distributor and get the phone number or office address
- Call the respective number or visit the nearest distributor office
- Explain your valid reason for cancelling the booking
- Once the distributor is satisfied with the reason, they will cancel your booking right away
- Following the cancellation, you will get a notification on your registered mobile number and email ID.
Cancelling It through The IVRS Service
Now, if you use the Indane IVRS service for booking cylinders, then you can use this facility to cancel your booking. If you wish to know how to cancel an Indane gas booking over a call, here are the steps –
- You can call the IVRS service to locate your local distributor and fetch the details.
- Call the distributor and explain the reason for the cancellation
- The distributor will cancel your booking if the provided reason is a genuine one
In this regard, you need to know the Indane gas booking cancellation number to complete the process successfully. Even though the IVRS number is 7718955555, which you can use for both purposes, you can also use the Indane toll-free helpline number 1800-2333-555 to cancel your booking.
Cancelling Via the Official Website of Indane
You can also use the official website of Indane to cancel gas bookings easily. So, here are the steps for Indane gas booking cancellation online –
- Head over to the official website of Indane and login to your account using the username and password
- After you log in to your account, head over to the ‘Booking History’ section, where you will find all your current and previous bookings
- From this list of bookings, choose the one you want to cancel, by checking the booking reference number and the date
- Once you choose the booking you want to cancel, click on the ‘cancel booking’ option. After this, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the cancellation of your LPG cylinder booking, and you need to click on the ‘yes’ option to complete this process
You will receive a cancellation message on your registered email ID and mobile number once you complete this process. This confirmation notification will contain the details of your booking, its cancellation and the refund amount, if applicable.
Cancelling Through the Indian Oil Mobile App
The last and probably the most efficient process to cancel Indane gas booking is through the mobile application of Indane. Here are the steps –
- The first step for Indane gas booking cancellation online is to download the IndianOil app from the respective platforms
- Sign up for the platform of Indane LPG with all the relevant details
- After that, go to the ‘options’ menu and select LPG
- Once you have done that, click on the ‘history’ option
- Choose the booking you want to cancel using the booking reference number and date
- Click on the cancellation option and complete the process by submitting your request
- Once this process is complete, you will get notified through your registered email ID and mobile number.
This is an overview of the process of how to cancel Indane gas booking. The method is simple, undoubtedly, irrespective of the option you choose. Having said that, the emergence of online services has brought more convenience and ease of use for everyone.
However, a point to remember here is that before you go ahead and cancel your Indane gas booking, you must ensure that your delivery date is not confirmed, and you must complete this process within 48 hours of the booking.
Apart from all these details, you also need to ensure a few things –
- You must be registered on the online platforms to complete the Indane gas booking cancellation online. So, register in advance and update all the details from time to time if you change your phone number or email ID.
- Since your phone number is crucial in this process, ensure that the registered mobile number is active and functioning.
- Always keep the consumer number handy, as you will need it if you are completing this process over the phone or visiting the dealer.
- You also need to check the refund status following your gas booking cancellation. So, if you have made the prepayment, make sure you check the bank account details, as the money will be credited within a few working days.
Wrap Up: Hopefully, now you have the answer to the question- how to cancel the Indane gas booking? Always remember to cancel the booking before the stipulated time frame to avoid any hassle. Also, this service is designed to help you avoid certain unprecedented situations, so make sure you remember to avoid misusing the system.
Read More: How To Book a Gas Cylinder Online?