Aadhaar card is issued by UIDAI and is a 12-digit unique identification number. It is mandatory for each individual to have it to avail several government schemes and welfare benefits. Apart from this, the Aadhaar card is an important document to be submitted for a major number of purposes.
One can enrol for an Aaadhar by making a visit to an official Aadhaar enrolment centre. Taking a step ahead, the Government of India has introduced the Aadhaar card online appointment system. All a user requires is to visit the official website of UIDAI and book an online appointment for an Aadhaar card update. While name, gender, date of birth, language, address can be updated online, a user still needs to visit the official Aadhaar Enrolment centre to update biometric details, mobile number and others.
In this blog, we will share the step by step process for an Aadhaar card online appointment to update Aadhaar card details.
How to Make an Aadhaar Card Online Appointment?
Following are the steps to proceed with to make Aadhaar card online appointment-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Locate ‘My Aadhaar’, click on ‘Book an Appointment’
- Book an appointment either at UIDAI run Aadhaar Seva Kendra or Registrar run Aadhaar Seva Kendra
- Select your location
- Click on ‘Book appointment’ or ‘Manage appointment’
- Enter mobile number, captcha code and click on ‘Get OTP’
- Submit your OTP
- Add your Aadhaar details and other required information
- Select your preferred date and time
- You will receive your appointment number accordingly
After receiving your appointment number, visit the official Aadhaar enrolment centre and get your Aadhaar related information update. Besides, it is mandatory to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card to get OTP for authentication.
Currently, the Aadhaar Sewa Kendra deals with the following services-
- Fresh Aadhaar enrolment
- Name update
- Address update
- Mobile update
- Email ID update
- Photograph (biometric) update
- Gender change
- Date of birth update
Things to be Sure of when Updating Aadhaar Information
It is important to keep a few things in mind before proceeding with an Aadhaar update process as a fee has to be paid every time a new change or update is made to the Aadhar card.
- Ensure to register your mobile number and email ID with Aadhaar card
- Name, gender, date of birth, address can be changed online, however, biometric details, a mobile number can only be changed by visiting the official Aadhaar enrolment centre
- Make sure to carry your appointment ID to the Aadhaar enrolment centre after booking an online appointment
- Carry your original Aadhaar card to the Aadhaar enrolment centre to update its details
- A fee has to be paid by you to update your Aadhaar card details
- For more information, make sure to connect with the concerned person