Aadhaar is one of the most important official documents required to be quoted or submitted to avail of government schemes and benefits or to open a bank account, to obtain a PAN card etc. It is a 12-digit unique identification number and is generated by using the user’s biometric details and demographic information.
UIDAI issues an Aadhaar card after the verification of the user’s biometric and demographic data. Other than an Aadhaar card, UIDAI has given the flexibility to users to download eAadhaar, mAadhaar, Aadhaar letter and Aadhaar PVC card. The forms of Aadhaar cards can be downloaded, obtained or ordered online and a user can opt for any of them as per their choice and convenience.
This blog will explain about an Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card and how to obtain it easily.
What is an Aadhaar PVC card?
Aadhaar PVC card is one of the forms of Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI. It is a compressed and smart version of a paper-like Aadhaar card and can be submitted or quoted for multiple purposes. It is printed on a PVC material and carries smart features like secure QR code, hologram, micro text, ghost image, guilloche pattern, issue date & print date, embossed Aadhaar logo.
‘It’s smart to use and easy to manage.’
Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card was introduced by keeping the following user’s feedback in mind-
- It was difficult to carry a paper-like Aadhaar card everywhere
- Even if a paper-like Aadhaar card is cut into a card shape, it is still challenging to carry it as it might get lost easily because of the size
- The card’s shape might get distorted if not handled with care or might develop crease over time
- A paper-like Aadhaar card might get dirty if not handled properly
- Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents, hence, even a minor missing detail in it results in failure of processes or KYC authentication process
Why Obtain an Aadhaar PVC Card?
UIDAI has introduced the Aadhaar card in various forms to offer maximum comfort to users to hold it. When it comes to Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card, the following are the reasons to obtain it-
- Aadhaar PVC card is made on a PVC material; hence, it won’t get distorted
- It looks like a credit card/debit card; hence, it is easy to carry
- It is a smart substitute for a paper-like Aadhaar card
- It looks and works similar to a paper-like Aadhaar card and can be submitted or quoted for multiple purposes
- Unlike masked Aadhaar cards, all the information remains intact and visible in an Aadhaar PVC card
- Aadhaar PVC cards are water-resistant, weightless and durable
How to Obtain an Aadhaar PVC Card or Smart Aadhaar Card?
Because of the multiple benefits of an Aadhaar PVC card, UIDAI has given the opportunity to users to apply for the same online. Following are the steps to obtain an Aadhaar PVC card-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ and select ‘Order Aadhaar PVC card’
- Enter Aadhaar number/Enrolment ID or Virtual ID and security code
- Request for ‘OTP’
- Submit the OTP
- View the Aadhaar related details and proceed to make payment against an Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card
- Complete the payment and download the receipt. Record the system generated Service Request Number to track the Aadhaar PVC card delivery status
- It takes around 15 working days to receive an Aadhaar PVC card
How to Check the Status of an Aadhaar PVC Card or Smart Aadhaar Card?
After requesting an Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card, a user can check the status of it through the service request number. Below is how to check the status of an Aadhaar PVC card-
- Visit the official UIDAI website
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ and select ‘Check Aadhaar PVC card status’
- Enter 12-digit Aadhaar number and security code
- Tick ‘My mobile number is not registered’ in case the mobile number is not registered with UIDAI. Enter a non-registered mobile number to receive OTP
- Click on ‘Send OTP’ and submit it
- The next screen will display the SRN number and the Aadhaar PVC card status
- You can also download acknowledgement slip for future references
How Much to Pay to Obtain an Aadhaar PVC Card?
A user needs to pay Rs. 50 to obtain an Aadhaar PVC card (inclusive of GST & Speed post charges).