To apply for a Voter ID Card, certain documents need to be submitted to the Election Commission of India (ECI) or the respective State Election Commission. These documents serve as proof of identity, address, and age, ensuring the authenticity and eligibility of the applicant.
In this article, we will explore the list of documents required for a Voter ID Card application, providing valuable information to help you navigate the process smoothly.
What Are the Documents Required for a Voter ID Card?
The documents required for a Voter ID Card application are as follows:
|Recent passport size photograph||A recent photograph of the applicant for identification purposes.|
|Proof of address||Bank/Kisan/Post Office current Passbook, Ration Card, Driving License, Indian Passport, Income Tax Return filed/Assessment Order, Latest Rental Agreement, Latest Water/Telephone/Electricity/Gas Connection Bill, Postal department’s post received/delivered in the applicant’s name at the given address, Homeless/others.|
|Proof of age||Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Indian Passport, Marksheet of Class X/Class VIII/Class V (if it contains Date of Birth), Birth Certificate from the school/other educational institution (Govt./Recognized) last attended, Birth Certificate issued by a Municipal Authorities, Registrar of Births & Deaths, Baptism certificate, or Other acceptable documents.|
|Identity proof||PAN card, driving license, ration card, passport copy, bank passbook with a photograph, SSLC certificate, student ID card, or Aadhaar card.|
How Can I Apply for a Voter ID Card in India?
To apply for a Voter ID card in India, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Election Commission and select your state from the drop-down menu to access the state-specific Chief Electoral Officer page.
- Create a new account by providing your basic details, such as your first name, last name, email ID, mobile number, and gender. If you already have an account, log in using your credentials.
- After logging in, change your password for security purposes.
- Choose the “Form 6” or “Application for including name in assembly constituency voters list” option.
- Fill in the form accurately and attach a recent passport-sized color photograph.
- Submit the form online.
- Visit the nearest voter ID facilitation center with the required supporting documents, including proof of address and identity, to complete the verification process.
- Alternatively, you can directly visit a voter ID facilitation center, obtain Form 6, and apply for a voter registration card by submitting the necessary documents.
What Is the Importance of a Voter ID Card?
The Importance of a Voter ID Card:
- Identification: It serves as a valid proof of identity in various situations and transactions.
- Voting Rights: It is essential to carry the Voter ID Card to cast a vote during elections.
- Preventing Fraud: The card helps reduce electoral fraud by ensuring only eligible voters participate in elections.
- Access to Services: It can be used to avail government services and schemes in India.
Read More: Link an Aadhaar Card and a Voter ID Card
Conclusion: A voter ID card is an official document that is used to cast a vote. It is issued by the Election Commission of India and also serves as proof of identity. All eligible citizens of India can obtain a voter ID card by carefully submitting the aforementioned documents. But first, make sure to connect with the Voter ID card official to understand the requirements for a voter ID card.