Mumbai is one of the world’s most populous metropolitan areas, with a population of over 26 million people. In a densely populated area like Mumbai, the metro made its presence known and ease travelling from one location to another.
Following its success in Delhi, the metro is now one of the most popular modes of transportation in Mumbai. The reason for its popularity is due to its low prices, frequent schedules, comfortable rides, and so on. Despite all of the benefits of the metro, there is one thing that travellers dislike: waiting in long ticket lines to purchase metro tickets. Even those who have their metro cards with them must wait in line every other time they need to recharge them. However, with so many platforms now offering online metro card recharge, this has also changed.
In the sections below, we’ll look at how you can recharge your Mumbai metro card online.
How to Recharge Mumbai Metro Card Online?
Paytm offers users the ease to recharge their Mumbai metro card easily by following the given steps:
Mumbai Metro Smart Card Recharge On Paytm Application:
- Sign in to the Paytm application
- Click ‘Recharge & Bill Payments,’ then ‘View More’
- Now, in the ‘Recharges’ section, select ‘Metro Recharge’
- Next, select ‘Mumbai Metro’ and then ‘Smart Card Recharge’
- Enter your card number and press the ‘Proceed’ button
- To recharge the Mumbai metro card, use a debit/credit card, Paytm wallet, Paytm postpaid, or another method
Mumbai Metro Card Recharge On Paytm Website:
- Sign up to the Paytm website
- Click on ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’ and then ‘All Payment Services’
- Next, click ‘Metro’ and then ‘Mumbai Metro Recharge’
- Now, enter the ticket type and card number, and then click ‘Get Card Balance’
- Choose Debit card/Credit card, Paytm wallet, Paytm Postpaid, etc, to complete Mumbai metro card recharge
Note: After successfully recharging your Mumbai metro card, tap it on an Add Value Machine (AVM) at any Mumbai Metro Station to add the recharge amount to the card.
Advantages of using Paytm for Mumbai Metro Recharge
Paytm is one of the pioneers that has made the digital recharging experience absolutely easy & smooth. The following are some of the benefits of using Paytm to recharge your Mumbai metro card:
- Paytm processes the transactions in seconds
- A user can select any payment method from a variety of options such as Paytm Wallet, Paytm Postpaid, Debit card/Credit card, etc
- After each successful transaction, users are rewarded with exciting rewards, deals, and discounts (t&c apply)
- These reward coupons can be used on your next transaction or purchase
Read More: How To Use Paytm For Metro Ticket Booking?