Money transfers and online payments have never been as fast and easy as they are with the Paytm app. You can send or receive money directly from/to the bank account through Paytm UPI. You can also do money transfers from the Paytm Wallet, where you can perform, both wallet-to-wallet and wallet-to-bank transfers.
Receive Money through Paytm UPI
Paytm UPI mobile applications allows you to transfer money in multiple ways. Whether it is a mobile number, QR code, UPI ID, or account number- each of these methods is equally easy to use. Explained below is the process that you need to follow to transfer money through either of these methods.
To transfer money through UPI on the Paytm app, you only need to have a UPI ID, which is a unique ID that gets generated when you link your phone number to your bank account. Instant bank-to-bank money transfers can be done with a UPI address. You can share your UPI-registered mobile number, UPI QR code, or UPI ID to receive money from any sender to your bank account.
Below are a few steps that will help you to receive money through UPI:
- You can create a Paytm account which automatically creates your UPI ID and then you can link your bank account to your Paytm account to send/receive money. Now you can share your mobile number to receive money from the senders
- Alternatively, you can also share your UPI ID with the sender, which you can find below your profile picture on the main screen of the Paytm app. Launch the Paytm app and click on the top left profile picture icon that opens up your profile menu. You can copy and share your UPI ID
- You can also upload your UPI QR code to receive money either by showing it to the sender to scan or by sharing it with the sender via WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. You will find the option to share right under the UPI QR code
Receive Money in Paytm Wallet
To receive money in your Paytm wallet, all you need to do is activate your Paytm wallet and share your mobile number to receive money in the wallet. You must note that you can receive money in your Paytm wallet only from another Paytm wallet user. Here are a few guidelines for receiving money in your Paytm wallet:
- Unlike Paytm UPI, where you can send/receive money even without having KYC, you need to have a minimum KYC at least to use a Paytm wallet. To make wallet-to-wallet money transfers, both parties should be Paytm users with a minimum/complete KYC verification status. If the KYC of any of these users is incomplete, then you need to upgrade your account by completing KYC. You may get notified when the receiver’s KYC is incomplete and you get a shareable link that you can forward to the receiver
- With minimum KYC, you can add and spend money up to Rs. 10,000 and with full KYC you can add to the wallet and send up to Rs. 1 lakh
- If you are a minimum KYC user, you may not receive the amount in case your wallet exceeds the monthly limit, which is Rs. 10,000, whereas if you are a full KYC user, there is no monthly limit to receive money. However, you can have a maximum of Rs. 1 lakh in your Paytm wallet at any given point in time
Paytm is a one-stop solution to receive payments through various getaways. It is a secure payment system with a high success rate and real-time bank settlements. You can also keep a tab on your credited amounts and pending transactions through the ‘Balance & History Passbook’ section on the app. You can also keep a track of the transaction history of your linked bank accounts and wallet and use filters to view transaction history separately. Moreover, you can check your bank and wallet balance and also request a mini statement of the wallet.