Are you looking to complete the KYC verification process on Paytm but don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! With the rise of digital payment platforms, verifying your identity is crucial to prevent fraud and ensure security. In this article, we will guide you through the simple steps to complete your KYC verification on Paytm, so you can enjoy all the benefits and features of the app hassle-free. So, let’s get started and get your Paytm account verified today!
KYC/Min KYC on Paytm
Follow the given steps carefully to complete your KYC verification on the Paytm application:
- Open the Paytm mobile app and click on your profile picture in the upper left corner of the home screen to access the ‘Profile’ section.
- Scroll down to the ‘Profile Settings’ section to view your account information and profile features/facilities.
- Your wallet status will be displayed as ‘Inactive’. Click on ‘Activate Now’ to start the activation process.
- Click on ‘Complete your minimum KYC to activate wallet’ to continue with the activation process.
- Once you have completed the minimum KYC requirements, your Paytm Wallet will be activated with lower monthly limits and fewer benefits.
- You can upgrade your account to full KYC to gain more benefits.
- Paytm accepts various documents such as Aadhar, Passport, Voter ID, etc., for the KYC procedure.
- Paytm uses a simple KYC procedure to make it easier for users to activate and upgrade their wallets.
Full KYC on Paytm
Following are the ways to complete full KYC verification to activate your Paytm wallet.
Option 1: Video KYC on Paytm
Follow the below steps:
- Video KYC is the easiest and fastest way to do your KYC
- Enter your Aadhar Card details to start Video KYC. An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent for confirmation. Note that you link your phone number with Aadhar for the verification
- Once the Aadhar is verified, it asks for more details like names of the parents, permanent and correspondence addresses, profession, marital status, etc.
- Next, the video verification will begin where the Paytm executive may ask some details about you like D.O.B., current residence, and the like
- You should be ready with your PAN card for video verification where you need to face the camera holding your PAN card. The front of the PAN card must face the camera
- Once the video verification is over and Paytm confirms your identity, Paytm will make your profile KYC-verified and update your status
Option 2: Visit a nearby KYC Centre
In case you face any difficulty in completing the Video KYC process, you can visit the nearest KYC centre to get verified. Paytm offers a list of KYC centres based on your location, which can be found under the ‘Visit a Nearby KYC Store’ section.
Option 3: KYC at your Doorstep
Adding money to your Paytm Wallet requires you to complete the KYC process. If you prefer the comfort of your home, you can also request for KYC verification, but this service is chargeable at Rs. 150 and available only in selected cities.
It is essential to note that without completing KYC, Paytm users cannot add money to their Paytm Wallets. By completing full KYC, users can raise their monthly transaction limit to INR 1 Lakh and access other services. However, it is important to note that all KYC verification processes, except for ‘KYC at Doorstep,’ are free of charge.