FASTag is a reloadable, simple-to-use tag that is meant to be affixed on the windscreen of a four-wheeled vehicle. The FASTag allows the drivers of four-wheelers to pass through the toll plazas without having to stop and pay the toll tax fee in cash across the Indian National highway.
Bonus Read: How you should Stick the FASTag on your Vehicle?
The use of FASTag was made mandatory from 16 February 2021 by the Government of India in order to promote the digitalization of the economy. Along with this, the users/commuters can also benefit from the FASTag in multiple ways in terms of saving time and effort by eliminating the need to stand in long queues for hours. Users can use a single wallet for traveling overall tolls across the country, meeting fuel expenses, parking expenses, or shopping, etc. while also making the benefit of various offers and discounts by recharging their FASTag on Paytm mobile application.
Why should I Buy the FASTag?
The major thought that most users/regular commuters across the national highway have in their mind is that why should they buy the FASTag. To answer that, let’s take a look at multiple benefits of FASTag before we move on to learn more about the FASTag statement-
- Using the FASTag technology, you will not have to lower the speed of your vehicle at the toll plazas. Since you can keep moving at the toll gates, without having to stop, your fuel and your time will be saved
- Since the traffic does not have to stop or slow down, there is almost no congestion or traffic jam at the toll plazas
- Traveling from one city/state to another by road comes across a lot of toll plazas. With the use of FASTag, you can enjoy the benefit of electronic payment, and a completely hassle-free driving experience throughout your journey; leaving the FASTag to take care of all your toll payments
- FASTag also makes it easier for you to keep a track of all your toll expenses. If you use Paytm to make your FASTag payments, you will receive regular in-app notifications and SMSs every time you make a payment through FASTag. Moreover, you can also track your expenses in your Paytm passbook
- The FASTag facility benefits the environment in the long run, as it reduces the use of paper and fuel
- Regular travelers can apply to convert their monthly, regular passes into FASTag passes. There is an online application procedure for corporates and fleet owners to do the same
- While various other digital wallets let you recharge your FASTag on your mobile phone in a matter of minutes; Paytm does not require you to separately recharge your FASTag. All you need is some balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount will automatically be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza
- Upon linking your FASTag account with the Paytm mobile application, you will be automatically notified of all the transactions and toll deductions. This will help you keep a track of the money that you have spent at toll plazas during your travel
- A FASTag has a validity of 5 years
- Registering for a FASTag involves a simple, and quick process
Learn more about the benefits of FASTag and why you should buy it.
What is a FASTag Statement?
When you make regular online payments, it might become difficult for you to track the amount and frequency of toll tax payments that you would have made. To keep track of such transactions, you need a FASTag statement.
A FASTag statement shows you the detailed list of transactions that you would have made across the toll plazas. The entire amount deducted from your linked prepaid wallet, and the specific toll booth where the payment was made, along with the time when the amount was deducted will all be listed in the FASTag statement in detail.
How to Download a FASTag Statement on the Paytm App?
It is important for the users to keep a regular check on their FASTag statement so that they are aware of their regular travel (toll tax) expenses. Explained below are the steps of how you can download your FASTag statement on Paytm App-
- Open the Paytm App and click on the ‘Search’ icon
- Search for ‘Manage FASTag’ and press ‘Enter’
- Or, Locate the option to ‘Manage FASTag’ under the ‘Ticket Booking’ section on the home page
- On this screen, you will be able to see all your recent payments
- You can also click on the ‘Request Statement’ option to view your transactions for a longer period of time
Alternatively, you can also follow these steps to see your FASTag statement-
- Open the Paytm App and click on the ‘Wallet Passbook’ option
- Next, visit the ‘Payment History’ section to check all your recent toll transactions
Using Paytm Wallet for FASTag Transactions
Once your FASTag registration is complete, your FASTag account will be created which will be automatically linked to your Paytm wallet, thus enabling you to make FASTag transactions. Hence, you don’t need to specifically link your Paytm FASTag with a bank account. All you need is to ensure that you are KYC verified for your prepaid Wallet account and that’s it!
Using the Paytm wallet for your FASTag-related transactions will make it easier for you as you won’t have to recharge your FASTag again and again. All you need is a minimum balance in your Paytm wallet and the toll tax amount would directly be deducted from your wallet as and when you cross a toll plaza.
Having a single Paytm wallet for multiple needs will help you manage your balances and keep a detailed track of all your travel-related expenses, whether fuel, purchases at departmental stores, or expenses made at toll plazas.
- Passport size photographs of the vehicle owner (at least 2)
- Vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC)
- PAN Card
- Other documents for verification of ID and Address
- Driver’s License
- PAN Card
- Voter’s ID Card
- Aadhaar Card