The Ministry of Road Transport and Highway introduced FASTag as a sticker tag to be affixed on the windshield of every four-wheeled vehicle. The major idea behind the installation of FASTag on the vehicles moving across the Indian national highways was to eliminate long queues and jams across the country.
The FASTag works on the Radio Frequency (RFID) technology and deducts the toll tax amount from the user’s prepaid wallet linked to the FASTag affixed on his/her vehicle. This ensures that the user does not have to stop at every toll plaza and saves his/her time, effort, fuel and money.
Apart from various other banks, Paytm not only allows its users to recharge their FASTag in a few seconds on the Paytm app, but also allows them to buy the Paytm FASTag and make the most of its benefits in the simplest way.
On top of this, the Paytm Postpaid feature has made it all the more easier for users to use their FASTag and never stop or worry about paying the toll taxes! Continue reading to find out more!
Understanding Paytm Postpaid
Paytm Postpaid is basically a facility through which Paytm offers an instant credit of upto Rs. 60,000 to its users. Using this credit amount, Paytm users can perform various transactions such as making bill payments, doing their recharges, booking travel tickets, or paying for their FASTag transactions, among many others. Here’s everything else that you need to know about Paytm Postpaid-
- Through Paytm Postpaid, you can get instant credit of up to Rs. 60,000 according to your eligibility
- No lengthy documentation is required to activate Paytm Postpaid
- There are no hidden charges involved
- You can activate Paytm Postpaid in less than 2 minutes!
- Users can get interest free credit for up to 30 days
- You can make fast 1 click payments with Paytm Postpaid
- Repay the Paytm Postpaid spending upfront or convert the amount into easy monthly installments (EMIs) of up to 6 months
- You can use the credit amount at both, online and offline merchants to make bill payments, ticket booking, FASTag recharge, etc.
Enable Paytm Postpaid for your FASTag Transactions!
Did you just have to stop at a toll plaza to add balance to your Paytm wallet in order to pay for your FASTag?
Well, you won’t have to do that any more!
Simply activate your Paytm Postpaid and enable it to make payments for your FASTag transactions. Here’s how you can do so!
To start using Paytm Postpaid for making your FASTag payments, you first need to activate the Postpaid service for your Paytm account. Follow these steps to activate your Paytm Postpaid account-
- Login to Paytm app & go to the ‘Postpaid’ homepage
- Check your credit score & Click to ‘Proceed’
- Confirm your KYC details & verify your identity with an OTP
Once your Paytm Postpaid account has been verified and activated, you need to select either of the following options-
- Use ‘Paytm Postpaid’ as your default payment option
- Use ‘Paytm Postpaid’ when your wallet is in low balance stage
After selecting any one of the above options as per your preference, you’ll be good to go! Now, whenever you cross the toll plaza, your toll tax amount will be deducted automatically from your Paytm Postpaid limit, if you have selected option 1 from above and if your wallet balance is low, the fare will be deducted from your Postpaid account if you have selected option 2 from above.
On top of this, even if you need to recharge your FASTag for any other bank, you can use Paytm Postpaid as a payment option and avail of the credit amount from the Paytm app! So, now you never need to worry about your FASTag going into the ‘Low Balance’ state or piling up pending dues. Simply, activate Paytm Postpaid today and zip through tolls hassle-free!
Benefits of Using Paytm Postpaid for FASTag Transactions
Listed below are some of the reasons why you should activate your Paytm Postpaid for your FASTag transactions today-
- Through Paytm Postpaid, you get instant credit of upto Rs. 60,000, so you don’t have to worry about adding balance to your Paytm wallet every now and then while crossing a toll plaza
- The borrowed amount can be repaid in easy monthly installments at an interest free credit period for up to 30 days
- You can directly choose to make payment for your FASTag transactions from your Paytm Postpaid balance and your toll tax amount will be deducted automatically from your Paytm Postpaid limit
- Alternatively, you can also opt to pay for your FASTag from your Paytm Postpaid balance only when your wallet balance gets low
- With Paytm Postpaid, your FASTag will never enter the ‘Low balance’ state and you will never have to pay any penalty for low balance on your FASTag account
Here’s Why You Should Opt for Paytm FASTag!
Listed below are some of the reasons why you should buy the Paytm FASTag-
- No Separate Recharge– Simply, maintain sufficient balance in your Paytm Wallet & Add Money to top-up, whenever needed.
- One Tag. Multiple Uses– Pay for toll, parking & fuel using your Paytm FASTag.
- Charge Protection & Customer Support– Paytm ensures correct amount deduction at tolls & immediately raises claims on your behalf against any extra charges levied.
- Single Wallet Balance for All Payments– Use your Paytm Wallet balance for Tolls, Shopping, Recharges & other payments.
- Exciting Offers– Get amazing Cashback offers on FASTag top-ups & toll payments.
- Paytm DIY FASTag– It allows you to buy your FASTag even if you don’t have the required documents at the time of purchase. You can simply buy and upload the documents later, as per your convenience
- Paytm Reserve Balance– It helps you keep away from situations where you may have a lower balance in your Paytm wallet so that you do not get stuck at toll plazas
Among multiple facilities offered by Paytm, Paytm Postpaid is one that lets you stay out of worries about recharging your wallet or your FASTag account. By enabling Paytm Postpaid for your FASTag transactions, you will never have to stop at a toll plaza ever again. For your benefit, you can either choose to directly pay from your Paytm postpaid limit or select to make payment from your Postpaid limit only when your wallet balance goes low. So, nothing to think or worry about any more. Simply, enable Paytm Postpaid for FASTag and zip through toll plazas hassle-free!
- Use ‘Paytm Postpaid’ as your default payment option Or
- Use ‘Paytm Postpaid’ when your wallet is in low balance stage