More than often, we may forget the PIN we use for ATM transactions but we can easily reset the PIN and create a new one. While you can do it by personally visiting the bank branch, there are also various alternative ways that allow you to reset your ATM PIN without having to go to the branch.
Ways to Reset the ATM PIN
ATM card PIN reset can be done by visiting the bank or the ATM, through net banking, or by contacting the customer care staff. You will be sent an OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile number to confirm that the ATM card PIN reset is being done by you and is not an unauthorized one. Below, we discuss the multiple ways of how to reset the ATM PIN:
Reset ATM PIN at Bank
You will have to visit the branch and consult an executive for an ATM card PIN reset if you forgot ATM PIN. Follow the below steps to reset your ATM PIN:
- Fill a form and submit it requesting ‘PIN Change’ or ‘PIN Reset’
- A temporary PIN will be provided by the bank through a physical paper mail or in the form of a Green PIN which is sent through SMS
- You will have to reset this bank-provided PIN later by generating a new PIN
- A self-generated PIN is confidential and secure. Banks generate a temporary PIN through OTP sent on your number
Reset an ATM PIN at an ATM
Each time you log in to your ATM account at an ATM, several options such as checking balance, cash withdrawal, pin reset, etc. are displayed on screen. You need to follow these steps for ATM PIN reset at an ATM:
- Once you insert the ATM card in an ATM and the card reader reads your card, click on ‘Forgot PIN’
- You will then be asked to enter certain personal details like your ATM card number, bank account number, type of account, and registered mobile number
- You will be sent an OTP at the number registered with your bank account; enter the OTP to validate the action
- Once your ATM card PIN reset is done, you get a message of successful PIN reset displayed on the screen
Reset ATM PIN through Net Banking
If you forgot your ATM PIN, you can reset it through internet banking. You can do it either on the net banking portal of the bank’s website or the mobile app for net banking. You must have internet banking activated for your bank account, after which you need to follow these steps:
- Once you log in to your net banking site or application, go to the ‘Settings’ section of your cards where you can ‘Change/Reset PIN’
- You will be asked to enter the new PIN twice, post which an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
- Once you enter the OTP to confirm, the PIN will be changed and you will be notified of the same on the app or website
How to Reset ATM PIN through Customer Care?
Some banks provide the facility of ATM card PIN reset through customer care/Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Make sure you dial the authentic customer care number(s) available on the bank’s website, the bank’s mobile app, or the passbook to avoid dialing fraud numbers. Follow the below steps:
- Mostly the customer care executives on call provide guidance through the pre-recorded instructions. They provide various facilities where they may ask you to dial a number and choose the option for PIN Reset
- You may get connected to a customer care executive once you opt for PIN reset or have to continue to follow the recorded instructions
- You will be asked for details like bank account number, ATM card number, registered mobile number, etc.
- Once verified, an OTP will be sent to you on your number that is registered with the bank and that will be valid for a few hours/days. You can go to an ATM to submit this OTP and create a new PIN
Reset ATM PIN through SMS?
The process to reset PIN if you forgot the ATM PIN through SMS is the same as when you want to change the PIN to a new one from the old existing PIN. Send SMS to the bank’s number which is dedicated to the PIN change facility and enter details like debit card number or bank account number requesting PIN change. An OTP or temporary PIN that is valid for a few hours is sent, post which you can go to the ATM to change the PIN.